A Thought for Episode Two

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Ravenclaw [BEAR], Mar 29, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

I may be way off base here but figured I'd share my idea anyway. Feel free to discuss pros and cons here.

I feel that one of the reasons people may not PvP so much is that not everyone wants to put themselves into a situation where they may be outnumbered and set upon right from the outset. After all, who is or where do they find allies?

My thought was as follows. Create two factions, one for Chaos and one for Order. Automatically place players into a faction based on how they've played their characters up until the point where they become an avatar. (Or some other method of assignment if one is found.)

The faction assignment is always with a player but comes into play in PvP areas. This way, even complete strangers are not necessarily alone.

1:
    For the second release, what if a few landmasses are created wherein the bulk of adventures and quests take place, but make two special areas. One area where only chaos faction members can travel and another where only order faction members can go. Each area can have unique but similar quests but where the quest on the order side might focus on upholding a virtue, a quest on the chaos side would focus on tearing it down. This allows players of the same faction get to know one another.

2:
    Next have a large PvP landmass area where unique but optional quests and items exists. People will not need to go here to complete the story line but will find quests and rewards that they would not find anywhere else. Optional but dangerous.

Maybe also make a dangerous path through this PvP landmass so that if someone chooses to change from chaos to order or visa-versa, they can but must complete it by going through a series of tests or by attacking or defending faction based NPCs.. Faction quests etc.. I'm sure many good ideas could be implemented here.

This larger PvP area can also have defensible areas like castle siege area discussed in the 2018 update.

3:
    Finally an additional area with the main story line and typical quests would need to exist, similar to what we have now.

With this in place, each faction would have access to three areas. A common area where PvP is not required but the games main story line can exist. An optional PvP area with unique quests and rewards that are worth the risk and finally a faction based area which can only be accessed by that particular faction; with game elements geared specifically toward the selected faction.

2. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

So like wow?

3. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

Maybe.. I've never played WoW.

4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Ok. That is what I remember from WOW. Two factions only areas and a common fighting area. Not saying it is a bad idea. It just reminded me of the 6 months I spend in WOW and kept thinking, “this is just like Ultima Online’. And I never played WOW again.

Ravenclaw [BEAR] likes this.
  5. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

Too funny.. :D

6. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

So another carrot and stick idea to make people "want to pvp". Well I paid not so that the pvp crowd receives special things the developers make on my dime too...
    I would prefer an shard or instance of sota all who want to pvp are relocated too and there they can be psycho all day, seperated from the other players and with the same content

Weins201 likes this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I loved that part of wow, it was really fun for me and I don't usually pvp.

Ravenclaw [BEAR] likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.