Where to find metals / ores & gems / jewels guide

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Arcadeguy, Dec 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcadeguy

Arcadeguy Avatar

Here's a quick look at some locations to find ores & gems / jewels for crafting:

Elysium Mines - > Silver Ore & some Copper Ore w/ Diamonds (a lot), Onyx (a lot), & Sapphires (Note: After Uncloning R52 or so, no more Gold Ore)
    Equitas Passage -> Iron Ore w/ Citrine, Onyx & Amethyst
    Etceter Crag Mines -> Gold & Iron Ore / Amethyst, Emerald & Sapphire in very basement past Lich & named NPC (Celestial Blessing in Moon Magic helps with ghosts)
    Graff Gem Mine -> Copper & Gold Ore w/Amethyst, Diamond, Emerald & Garnet (Best for Copper as of R41)
    Hilt Fortress -> Copper & Silver Ore (nerfed recently, now lessor amounts)
    Midmaer Passage -> Copper Ore w/ Citrine, Ruby & Sapphire
    Owl's Nest Mine -> Beginner Mine for Copper, Iron & Sapphires -> smaller quantity
    Paladis Passage -> Copper, Onyx (good), Clay, Ruby (one secret room), & Citrine (good)
    Serpent's Spine Mine -> Iron Ore & Silver Ore w/ Citrine (a lot), Amethyst & Onyx (Only 300 XP per Iron)
    Spectral Mine -> Iron Ore (ALOT) only w/add-ons of Nickel & Tungsten & Granite with the Iron (Hardened Skeleton Archers, Footmen & Mages / new spawn spots in R37 and now only Hardened)
    Spindrift Passage -> Copper & Clay w/Amethyst, Diamond, Emerald & Garnet
    Verdantis Mine -> *** REDESIGNED CONTENT *** Now mainly "indoor" adventure area with limited mining *** Copper & Silver Ores w/ Ruby, Garnet & Sapphire plus Brimstone for Sulfurous Ash (Elves, Zombies, Fire Elementals & Hardened Skeletons)

Add-on drop information:
    Copper -> Also chance at one or more Tin & Tungsten plus guaranteed Granite (1 - 3)
    Iron -> Also chance of one ore more Nickel & Tungsten plus guaranteed Granite (1 - 3)
    (Silver & Gold just produce their ore exclusively)

New Level 2 Mines (Late 2017?)
    Broken Echoes Silver Mine -> South Paladis Region (Plus entrance at Janaaford by the Earth Master) Copper, Silver & Granite Nodes (Limited plus only 200 XP each.)
    Lost Whiteguard Silver Mine -> Perennial Coast
    Understorm Gold Mine -> Longfall Region
    * -> I haven't visited these yet, per developers announcement notes they are easier level 2 starter mines with mainly Iron & Copper with some of the Gold/Silver per the mine's name as rare ores. The announcement notes also say there are no gems.

Regular Zones (limited mining):
    Blackblade Foothills -> Silver (4 nodes?) & Copper
    Skrekk -> Spider tunnel with Ruby & Amethyst
    Resolute Sewers -> Clay & spider room excellent for AoE spider silk collection
    Oracle Colossus -> Onyx, Citrine & Copper (+ Rubies? Deeper in by lava per reports) Multiple puzzles in order to progress through the zone.
    Blackblade Pass -> Copper & Silver with Emerald, Garnet & Sapphire plus Ash Piles for Sulfurous Ash (small quantities)

Salvaging Zones for metal & wood scraps: Tenebris Harbor -> Abandoned town with buildings you can take weapons & armor to salvage (Also clay & small copper & coconuts)

Enchantment /Attunement Guide for Gems:
    Air Magic -> Citrine
    Death Magic -> Onyx
    Earth Magic -> Emerald
    Fire Magic -> Ruby
    Life Magic -> Diamond
    Moon Magic -> Amethyst
    Sun Magic -> Garnet
    Water Magic - > Sapphire

Gems / Jewels can be socketed in Rings, Necklaces, Weapons, Shields & Armor Chest Pieces. High attunement benefits that school of magic's skills & abilities. Or wards of those gems protects from that class of magic. I'll try to update more of the passages over time or feel free to add in response.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  2. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

You can add BlackBlade Foothills for silver and copper. The mine there isnt that big but there are some good nodes there. Wish i could find more mines like that. If you know of the smaller mines like this list them as well. I been trying to chart them out.
    There are some small caves in some scenes...Spider caves that have gems inside and out. I do have this list. Took me a while to run around and check them ....basically bouncing around the sota map and charting them out.

Sentinel2, Acred, Mata and 1 other person like this.
  3. Arcadeguy

Arcadeguy Avatar

Updating for R41... Added Silver for Serpent's Spine Mines which has been revised and is beautiful. Iron & Silver still 300 XP per node, gems are 100 XP. Still not a good density of nodes but doable for 3 to 4 skull people who can't handle the 5 skull mines. Verdantis has been redone this patch but is a 5 skull, 500 XP per node mine.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    GreyMouser Skye likes this.
  4. Belladonna Rose

From what i have seen so far Verdantis is nothing like Serpent Spine. Layout is totally different and it is high level...well for me ...everything i met so far has been yellow to dark yellow. Havent seen any orange yet. But i am sure they are in there. Get ready for it. LOL I did the entrance area solo...but met my death from a hoarde of elves. Will go back later and scout about some more. But its totally different so far

5. Arcadeguy

Arcadeguy Avatar

Ok, yeah @Belladonna Rose ... I thought I read in the Save our Mines thread that Verdantis was like Serpent's but actually it's new and more like Spectral Mine in concept from my tour today. Large open area for mining (sort of) and then a castle with some mining and bad guys. Sort of a volcanic eruption destroyed the area and it's inhabitants, then new bad guys moved in on top of the carnage. Updated Verdantis Mine in my mining guide above to include Brimstone giving Sulfurous Ash and the mobs are mainly green to me at Adventurer Level 85 except one Hardened Archer who was yellow. I don't recommend it for mining currently, nodes are too spread out and low in volume. It used to be my go to spot for copper... :-( Now it's more like an inside 5 skull hunting ground with a little mining thrown in. I've confirmed the nodes are still 500 XP for copper/silver and 100 XP as usual for the gems. On a side note, it's interesting to figure out the paths and roof tops plus ladders and one rope across a death pit I didn't try due to the larger death penalty now.

P.S. DarkStarr responded to my question about Smelting/Refining and said the skills still won't be in-game until 3rd Quarter. So we're stuck smelting/refining at slowest possible speed for another 3 to 5 months regardless of our skill. There's a refining forum about that for discussion. :-D

6. Arcadeguy

Arcadeguy Avatar

R43 Update for Graff Gem Mine... new adventure areas added in Graff mine through 1st level and drop down ladders. Same gems as main mine, low concentration of nodes protected by Kobolds & Water Elementals. Graff still very good for Copper & Gold plus the 4 gem types available. 5 skull mine with Earth Elementals, Hardened Skeleton Archers & Footmen, Kobold Foreman, Kobold Mages, etc. 1st floor is copper with Kobolds, except for skeleton room with upto 5 gold nodes. 2nd floor is copper & gems with Kobolds & Earth Elemental plus Hardened Skeletons in connecting tunnels. 3rd floor / basement is large open room with Earth Elementals guarding Gold Ore nodes & gems (like Elysium's Silver basement).

Numa likes this.
  7. Atticus Gryphonheart

Atticus Gryphonheart Legend of the Hearth

I thought if you get past the named lich, you can drop down to a lower level for some gems guarded by air (or was it water) elementals. Only been there once, and couldn't handle it solo. Also some copper on level with the lich opposite to entrance to Hilt (I think).

Arcadeguy likes this.
  8. Belladonna Rose

Yes...i was down there last night...that Lich killed me twice...but finally made it through. Very interesting run through there last night

9. Arcadeguy

Arcadeguy Avatar

Thank you to @Atticus Gryphonheart & @Belladonna Rose for the Etceter information. I'd never been past the magic barrier (hint: note on floor for clues). Lich and other NPC tough at level 86 but died to my blade, there is another drop down area below that in Etceter Mine with Amethyst, Emerald & Sapphire. Plus fast respawning various elementals running constantly around... updating guide for the gems. :)

10. hearsehauler

hearsehauler Avatar

BUMP for a R52 update

11. Arcadeguy

Arcadeguy Avatar

Hiyas, I've done a partial update. Noted Elysium after uncloning no longer has gold ore, probably advise floors 3 to 5 in Etceter now for gold ore if you can handle the ghosts and elementals. Added the 3 new level 2 mines but I haven't visited as yet. If anyone has any other updates or information to add/revise please post or send to me.

12. Arcadeguy

Arcadeguy Avatar

Brief update on the level 2 silver mine... copper, granite & some silver. No gems seen as announced. Only 200 XP per node. Quest in the Broken Silver Mine from the guy near the Earth Master in Janaaford plus an entrance door to the mine from there. Note on the quest that you have to kill Satyrs in the mine to find a key, then survive a couple waves of Satyrs past the gate then talk to the Foreman. Two questions with 3 options... get it wrong and you have to start over which can waste time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.