Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Build 757 - Leather Helm Quest Still Sparkles

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Fionwyn Wyldemane, Apr 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

4/1/2018 12:22 AM

Title: I completed the leather helm but Edwin the Tanner still sparkles.
    Reproduction Rate: UNK
    Blocker? No
    Details: I completed the quest to make the leather helm on my alt character Miehette. Unfortunately, Edwin still shows that he wants 12 pieces of cotton and he sparkles on the compass. I'd really like to see this kind of bug go away once and for all.

[​IMG]

---> I have the same thing with Stanley. There is nothing left for me to do. I delivered his message to Captain Cugel, but he *still* sparkles on the compass. Talking to him does not get rid of the sparkles.

[​IMG]

Steps to Reproduce: No idea.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16211
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M GPU RAM: 4065
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.757.Date.03.30.18
    Area: Novia_R1_City_Soltown
    Area Display Name: Soltown
    Loc: (-43.2, 27.2, 14.3)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfQ2l0eV9Tb2x0b3dufHwoLTQzLjIxNSwgMjcuMTU4LCAxNC4yNTcpfCgwLCAwLjY0NCwgMCwgLTAuNzY1KXw2MzguODY4OHwzOS4wMjUxN3wzLjE2OTk4OA==

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  2. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Additional information:

I went to Aerie and oops, the tailoring station is glowing blue as seen below and it is asking for 12 raw cotton:

[​IMG]

---> I feel this is a problem that will confuse/aggravate new players. If you finish the quest in Soltown, that's it - it should be done. No sparkles, no still looking for 12 raw cotton in Aerie.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    Elwyn and Chatele like this.
  3. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Will vastly simplify/turn down sparkles/prompting. SOTA-57341

Rentier and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  4. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

same issues, finished the quests, and they still sparkle and show on the map compass .... adds so much unnecessary clutter to my map compass.

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  5. Alrik Doom

Alrik Doom Avatar

Quest system still broken, something I said months ago, as a programmer myself I have a hard time understanding how the system was designed where once a quest is completed, why are the tags persisting? Shouldn't there be a bool triggered? I mean it is really simply!

if (QuestXXX)
    {
    Show Quest to player;
    }
    else
    {
    Don't Show Quest;
    }

Unless c# is broken, I'm claiming poor coding decisions when designing the quest system! It seems to me that if the quest system is not cleaned up and fixed of these rookie errors, then the game will suffer greatly as nothing is more frustrating then a broken quest system!

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Chatele like this.
  6. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I see a LOT of promise with the quest location system. I like having indicators on the compass with tooltips, I like having sparkles above cities that offer me quests and I like seeing NPC's waving with sparkles.

My big/main concern is this constant problem with quest completion yet the sparkles remain (which makes it look like the quest isn't completed). This thread covers two examples, but there are others.

Armaden Restal likes this.
  7. Jesterhead

Jesterhead Avatar

also affected.

8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I somehow managed to get the npc in Resolute to give me a quest starting with 12 cotton, then the quest to get a leather helm started working. But now I have a quest for 12 cotton that is stuck on my compass that I can't progress in!

Chatele likes this.
  9. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Because they are a bunch of flags, not a mile of constantly executed if-then statements. When the quest starts, a flag is set, when the quest ends, the flag has to be cleared. If it doesn't get cleared, it stays around.

The new system they implemented this month, as I understand it, is a bunch of rules like "if flag Y is set, clear flag X ; if flag Z is set, clear flags X and Y". In this case, Z would be the flag that says the quest is complete and to not start it again. This is something that only needs to be run every now and then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.