Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Freezing / locking up and memory leaks

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by EightbitX, Mar 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

They're still refining the performance - also keep in mind the amount of objects and deco in this game, that it needs to load and keep track of, from player housing.

2. EightbitX

EightbitX Avatar

I also don't really have an expendable income to upgrade , I intended on getting another 8 gigs at some point as the last bit of upgrades to this system before I start on buying a new rig. It's just frustrating is all, lol.

3. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

I got 32G RAM, and am seeing 12-16G RAM used by the game in busy POTs, and still it can't keep up loading it all as I run through one, and it's not a network limitation on my side (200+Mbps Internet, wired GigE network, and only a few Mbps actual data stream when gaming)... I think that is a reasonable indication of how much deco it is actually trying to load in to memory to render and display...

4. EightbitX

EightbitX Avatar

i think a bit of the problem also stems from the fact that it isnt managing its resources available to the program in a meaningful way, when you load new scenes it needs to unload things that arent present, but keep what is. im sure this will eventually get fixed but i feel like it should be a problem fixed sooner than later :/

wardgom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.