Is there still a cap for claiming lots?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tanglewood, Apr 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tanglewood

Tanglewood Avatar

Hi all,

is there still a cap for claiming lots? There was a cap previously and I know that when a player claimed a 4th lot, they automatically lost one of their original lots - without any notification.

Is this still the case? If there is still a cap, do you at least get notification these days to tell you?

Tried to find info on this in the player instructions - but unfortunately there is nothing there about number of lots you can claim.

Cheers

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Wow when was that? I was never aware of any cap.

3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

To the best of my knowledge, there is a cap of 3 Lots in NPC and Player Run Towns. I can tell you from experience that no such cap exists in Player Owned Towns.
    I can't answer your other questions as I've never claimed a lot anywhere other than in a POT.

Elwyn and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I have never heard that either. I don't think that is a rule. I think players can claim as many lots as they have deeds. The governor in our town has a duke pledge and a few accounts so he has placed maybe 6 deeds. Well this is player owned town, perhaps it is different in an npc town. I just don't remember.

5. Bayard

Bayard Avatar

Each account has a limit of three NPC lot deeds. I found this out on two different accounts when I tried to claim the fourth NPC lot. I don't remember the exact message but I remember it told me I was at the limit for NPC town deed claims (since I was at three, that apparently is the limit). You can have more than three lot deeds in POTs but don't know if there is an upper limit.

Also, I did not lose any lot deeds when I tried to claim the fourth so am unaware of the problem the OP mentions.

Mykll, Elwyn, Gregg247 and 3 others like this.
  6. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

It my max I had over 8 village to keep lots, many of them sitting in my PoT (no limit). I've never heard of a limit.

7. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Correct answer. ;)
    100% confirm from personal experience.
    You cant simply not claim a new lot as long as you has claimed 3 lots outside a PoT.
    You can claim 3 Lots outside a PoT and as many as you want inside a PoT on one account.
    And there is no upper limit in PoTs.

8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

new limit ONE in Blood Bay

to not know this is a sad reflection on the information player actually KNOW

Has been 3 in NPC towns since housing started.

Tanglewood and Mykll like this.
  9. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

@Tanglewood

From the official Player Instructions:
    While you may own as many Lot Deeds as you can afford, accounts are currently limited to claiming a maximum of three Lots at one time. The exception to this is Player-Owned Towns. Player can claim unlimited numbers of lots within Player-Owned Towns. Lots claimed within a Player-Owned Town do not count towards the player’s maximum of three Lots elsewhere.
    http://shroudoftheavatar.com/playerinstructions

Tanglewood, Mykll and Spoon like this.
  10. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Looks like PRT's are also affected by this limit. Not sure why the limit. I've heard all manner of answers. Doesn't prevent people from purchasing alt account and grabbing the lots anyway :)

I hope someday PRT's will not be part of this limit.

It's not like we have a housing shortage ATM :D

11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

NPC and PRT are one in the same they are Game run towns - POT are player run towns

NPC has more "Umph" to it and is part of the story
    PRTs are just really space fillers to give them the ability to say there are enough places for each lot owned. (they actually started with no NPC stuff in them which changed over time.

12. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yes the 3x limit remains, Yes you get a message nowadays, and No you don't lose a claim.

The issue you are talking of was fixed before persistance, so solved a looooooong time ago.

The old excuse was that it would be unfair since high tier backers' claims last longer. So a Duke/LotM with too many deeds could keep claims longer than intended.

My opinion on that is that it is kinda rubbish since it is an issue of their own creation. Before they commited I advocated that the prolonged claim should be in the deed, not the account - so the larger the tax-free deed the longer the claim. But since they chose to go ahead with the account bound limit instead they created a bunch of side issues which they then try to fix by adding limitations to everyone.
    *sigh*

Here is the list for clarity if anyone wonders what I'm talking about.
    http://shroudoftheavatar.com/playerinstructions

Tanglewood likes this.
  13. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

So why call it a "Player Run Town" if it's not a player run town :D If it's an NPC town then let's call it what it really is.

PRT towns lack many services including an Oracle and most vendors to visit. I usually have to run somewhere else and lug stuff back.

Either way, it doesn't do anything to prevent people from grabbing a lot more than 3 lots :)

14. Floors

Floors Avatar

Theres alot of good deals to be had in out of the way places. I still think there should be resouces in towns to encourage players to visit more widely. Maybe ones that are off limits for those with lots there.

15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You can have a maximum of 3 lots in NPC towns. There is no limit on POT lots. This rule has been in place since the dawn of housing.

16. Tanglewood

Tanglewood Avatar

Thanks guys for the help. Turns out I should have done a better job of reading the player instructions. Good to know that Blood Bay has a separate cap :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.