Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro Needed]Health bug

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Thief, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thief

Thief Avatar

1. Title:the never fixed hp bug
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100% in 2 minutes you lose half of your hp and it will not recover.
    3. Blocker?Big Time
    4. Details:it is reported at least 10 times
    5. Steps to Reproduce:fight with mobs 2-3 mins
    6. User Specs:w10 x64 32gb ram gtx 980ti

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This report does not include the necessary details for our team to reproduce this issue. Please include step-by-step reproduction steps and try to remove as many unnecessary variables as possible to help us isolate a cause. Are there specific spells that trigger it? Enemies? Scenes? Deaths? Buffs? Equipment buffs? Etc.

3. Thief

Thief Avatar

Do not know what triggers it.
    I use berserker's stance, strength of earth and inner strength (I left my brittle ring which I blamed but still losing hp) .

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Any deaths in-between? Any scene changes? Or does the health problem start while in the same scene you remember health being at max at one time? Can you describe your skill rotation while fighting? Which enemies in which scenes?

5. Thief

Thief Avatar

The health issue starts before the fight

1) I entered the dungeon(the rise). I casted all the buffs and all worked perfect.
    2)Cleaned a room. Rebuffed. And small percentage of hp cannot be recovered.
    3)cleaned another room. Rebuffed. This time the loss is way greater.
    4) After the third room. Now I stand with 546/1301 hp.

6. Thief

Thief Avatar

I can confirm that the health bug never occurs if berserker stance not used.

@Attenwood

7. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

For me this happens in Twin Foothills, when using the strength buff from earth.
    As long the int buff from sun is used within this scene there is no problem. Usallay when encumbered the str buff is used, at this point the avater does not recover to full health anymore.

8. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

The health bug has occurred to me over 20 times without me using any Berserker Stance and even for Avatars who haven't learned Berserker Stance.
    Sorry about that.

9. Thief

Thief Avatar

that is a very bad news then :(

10. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

We are aware of this happening to some people, so news of it isn't exactly new info to us - but repro steps (if possible) - if it occurs 100% of the time when the steps are followed - is what really would help us break ground here.
    I've always considered this one a 'work in progress' because we haven't given up on finding a resolution ourselves. But the nature of this beast (according to my gut) says we will need heavy community involvement to find the answer to this riddle. We've had some of that community involvement and we continue to welcome and encourage it :)

11. Thief

Thief Avatar

Hello Lexie,

I removed the berserker stance from my deck and never ever had the issue again. I have to go different place to grind tho.

12. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

@Lexie @Attenwood

Runicpaine offered an interesting theory on this recurring bug in this other report: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/health-bug.115164/

I wonder if he is on to something. I can experience this bug regularly using strength of earth and shield of crystal to buff health. I never use berserker stance, as reported above. Which makes me wonder about the attunement angle Runicpaine is talking about. Is it possible that attunement math is what this bug shares in common across different skills?

The only other observation that I have, in case it helps, is that all of this started for me several releases back when 'downsides' or 'tradeoffs' were added to the primary STR, DEX, INT buffs in the magic glyph lines. Not sure if it was coincidence, but I recall that being the event at the time. And it seems that is when these bug reports started with others as well, if I recall correctly.

Cheers!​

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  13. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Ferohir do you use any strength buffs such as Strength of Earth, Inner Strength or any magic shields, such as Shield of Crystal, etc ?

@Lexie
    You may remember me from the many entries on this bug over the past months.
    Berserker Stance may be involved, but it's far from the only thing involved... (which I'm sure you know).

I noticed it tonight in Krul once again, and don't have Berserker in my deck.
    I will start watching it again tomorrow and report what buff's I'm using, etc......

This thing is aggravating the poop out of both us and you guys, we got to get it behind us.... :mad:
    I'm your huckleberry - for anything specific you want tested.........;)

P.S. Why don't you move this to the Combat-Skills-Magic forum so we can consolidate input.

14. Thief

Thief Avatar

Hello,

I use all str related buffs including strength of earth and inner strength. I see the bug happens (even not berserker used ) but as long as I do not use berseker, it corrects itself in short time. If I cast berserker rage for the "second time" the hp loss becomes permanent.

15. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

@Lexie

Casting Torpor, Strength Of Earth, Inner Strength, Shield Of Crystal, All that modify HP/Strength Eventually the numbers get screwed up, and the longer you stay in the instance the sooner you are down to 0 hp/max

16. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I have a 100% reproducible case that I've posted the past two or three releases, as it happens to me every time I spend time in combat. Yes, it has happened this release, as well. I don't know when it happens, though, or what triggers it. One thing that might allow one to figure it out is for a build that reads the max HP's when one enters a scene, then checks those values against the current max HP's and notifies/reports when those values diverge. Then you can look at what events occurred prior to and at that time.

17. Mischievous Dragon

Reproduced for Build 757.
    3/31/2018 18:03 PM
    Reproduction Rate: 100%, solid repro, occurs 100% of the time when the steps are followed
    Blocker? no
    Details:
    My Health got stuck at 106/110. 4 Health points are missing.

I did Forget all my skills (except 'Ranged') from all my skill trees before the bug triggered.
    Also my Avatar was Visitor account and Level 1 Adventurer before the bug triggered.
    Also I did not unlock the ability to use combat decks before the bug triggered.

Tested Avatar: Yennifer[Visitor]

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Launch the Client.
    2. Login in the Online Mode with a Visitor account.
    3. Play in the Multiplayer Online Mode.
    4. Create a new Avatar in the Online Mode.
    5. Go next to the Magic Mirror.
    6. Enter the Magic Mirror.
    7. Create your Avatar in the Magic Mirror.
    8. Exit the Magic Mirror.
    9. Go to talk with the Oracle.
    10. Choose Love as your Starter Path.
    11. Go next to the Lunar Rift.
    12. Enter Battle of Solace Bridge via the Lunar Rift.
    13. Undress yourself. Unquip all items from your Paperdoll. Be naked.
    14. Forget all your skills from all your skill trees. You cannot forget 'Ranged' because it is at Level 30+, though. *A new step for Release 52*.
    15. Restart the client and Resume in Battle of Solace Bridge in the Multiplayer Online mode.
    16. Be in the Battle of Solace Bridge during the Dusk. You must wait for the Dusk before proceeding to step #17.
    17. Enter the Combat Stance.
    18. Keep your Health as low as possible by continuously taking Fire Damage from environmental fire before the sunrise.
    19. Exit the Combat Stance and enter the Non-Combat stance upon the Dawn.
    20. Start waiting for Health to regenerate back to 100%.
    Result: Health does not regenerate back to 100%.

Repro will fail if:
    1) your Avatar goes into AFK mode in step #18
    or
    2) you let your Health regenerate back to 100% between Evening and Late Night
    or
    3) you don't start taking damage and lose Health during the Dusk
    or
    4) your Avatar dies between Evening and Late Night

Tutorial Video for steps: here (doesn't include the new step for R52 and few other Isolation steps)

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 12239
    GPU: Radeon(TM) RX 460 Graphics GPU RAM: 4038
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.757.Date.03.30.18
    Area: SolaceBridge_Starter/WithTutorial
    Area Display Name: Battle of Solace Bridge
    Loc: (-92.4, 42.1, 32.6)
    Debug: U29sYWNlQnJpZGdlX1N0YXJ0ZXJ8V2l0aFR1dG9yaWFsfCgtOTIuNDAyLCA0Mi4wNjUsIDMyLjU4NCl8KDAsIC0wLjM1OCwgMCwgLTAuOTM0KXwtNDUyLjU3NDR8My45MTU1N3wxLjI1

Screenshot #1:
    [​IMG]
    Health got stuck at 106/110. 4 Health points are missing.

Screenshot #2:
    [​IMG]

Screenshot #3:
    [​IMG]

Screenshot #4:
    [​IMG]

Screenshot #5:
    [​IMG]

Screenshot #6:
    [​IMG]

Screenshot #7:
    [​IMG]

Screenshot #8:
    [​IMG]

Screenshot #9:
    [​IMG]

Screenshot #10:
    [​IMG]

Screenshot #11:
    [​IMG]

Screenshot #12:
    [​IMG]

Screenshot #13:
    [​IMG]

Screenshot #14:
    [​IMG]

Screenshot #15:
    [​IMG]

Screenshot #16:
    [​IMG]

Screenshot #17:
    [​IMG]

Screenshot #18:
    [​IMG]

Screenshot #19:
    [​IMG]

Screenshot #20:
    [​IMG]

Screenshot #21:
    [​IMG]

Screenshot #22:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  18. Mischievous Dragon

Reproduced for Build 759.
    4/3/2018 10:19 PM
    Reproduction Rate: 100%, solid repro, occurs 100% of the time when the steps are followed
    Steps to Reproduce: the same as above

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 12239
    GPU: Radeon(TM) RX 460 Graphics GPU RAM: 4038
    SotA.Win.64.759.Date.04.02.18
    Area: SolaceBridge_Starter/WithTutorial
    Area Display Name: Battle of Solace Bridge
    Loc: (-93.0, 42.1, 31.6)
    Debug: U29sYWNlQnJpZGdlX1N0YXJ0ZXJ8V2l0aFR1dG9yaWFsfCgtOTMsIDQyLjA4MywgMzEuNjExKXwoMCwgLTAuNTkyLCAwLCAtMC44MDYpfC0xMTAuNzQyOHwtMS4zODgyMTF8MS4yNQ==

Screenshot:
    [​IMG]
    Health got stuck at 108/110. 2 Health points are missing.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  19. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

same for me.. maybe related to swap decks in combat mode?

20. Senjut

Senjut Avatar

I get this using shield of crystal and inner strength (I typically use air's embrace and not strength of earth). The hp missing look like they are the amount from shield of crystal. It seems to happen once shield wears off during combat and I then replenish it, but it doesn't happen every time. Everyone else in party sees my health as completely full and correct, I see about 120 hp missing (and I will die when my health bar runs out, even though everyone else believes I have 120 hp left). I can get rid of it every time by zoning. If I don't zone, eventually it will happen a second time and I'll now be missing 240 hp.

I'll try to check whether it's the exact number of hp from shield of crystal, or whether it's the combined added hp from both shield and inner strength, but I'm pretty sure it's the shield of crystal hp. And I'll try to catch exactly when it happens, but I believe it's when shield of crystal wears off during combat. Like I said, not every time though, just random - it's possible that it only happens when shield of crystal wears off while my hp are either above or below what they would be without shield of crystal. I'll try to find a way to reproduce and get more exact data, just wanted to add what I know. This is the worst thing in the game to me, having to find a zone line and get out to fix the problem, especially now with Lost Vale and not being able to leave and come back after the hour is up.

Edit: Been paying attention to the number of hp and it's not exactly the amount added by shield of crystal. Can't pin down anything that points to anything specific, but I have been asking other folks and it seems to happen to most higher level players (like 85+?). Also I was wrong, I don't die when the hp I see get to zero - tested that. I seem to actually have all my hp, just don't see all of them on my client (but again, everyone else in group does). Happens both in group and solo.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.