Your boring mobs.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ganjamanus, Mar 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

They plan on adding player crafted items, sold to vendors, into the loot tables. This will do two things...

1. Increase the variable loot out in the game world.

2. Slightly slow crafter skill level growth, as they are going to be less likely to salvage piles of self-crafted items.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Numa like this.
  2. eli

eli Avatar

They are kind of cornered into giving crappy loot on high end mobs because they created a system that lets OP characters farm them like cattle.

If they improved the loot at the high end substantially, the economy would mirror the same ayn rand Utopia as we have for XP.

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Good loot does not have to be more and better just interesting and does not have to affect the economy. It could be a personal task to collect dropped tokens that work toward an achievement completion, a title, an anything. ;) Not having an in game achievement system in this game has always been a complaint from me ;). It would have added a lot of interesting things to do for one thing along with reason to visit and collectibles to achieve would be a great advantage to have. I know there are steam achievements for some who play on steam but this game was originally not rolled out on steam and many don't play it on steam for their own reasons. @DarkStarr said we would get one but I have not heard any more on this.

https://gamedevelopment.tutsplus.co...ing-achievements-for-your-games--gamedev-3371

oops corrected link

4. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

+1000

5. tc91101

tc91101 Avatar

The steam achievements are quirky or possibly broken. One of the achievements from 2014 at least was to kill 1000 creatures. Mine has been stuck at 333 since 2014. I did have a couple hidden achievements complete recently though.

6. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

It would be nice if they slightly upped the rate of finding certain equipment on mobs, things that could be salvaged with a "slightly" boosted rate of salvaging a pattern, possible even salvaging a much rarer recipe to make a base version of the item.

7. Floors

Floors Avatar

They do have to change the sound on those kobold automatons. The monkey sound is so ridiculous (not what those things would make, either) that like... it ruins what otherwise is kind of a cool enemy.

8. Numa

Numa Avatar

Release 53 April 26

Crafting & Economy: We will add more loot to the game like Worn Armor (to complement the Rusty Weapons) on humanoids. We will also introduce the system where player crafted gear sold to merchants will start appearing as loot in the game. Finally, in Offline Mode the drop rates for rare items like artifacts and rare components will be greatly increased.

This solves the loot problem while keeping the design principle that player made equipment will (nearly) always be superior.

Note that the date is not final until the official R53 release notes are posted.

9. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Good news, is my biggest gripe right now for offline mode.

10. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

This!

11. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

I know the solution to this - Offline Game. At this point, offline game has the same weird loot tables... they need to adjust that ASAP to at least make the offline game interesting. That way, offline players will have something to look forward to, at this point, there is as little draw to play in offline as it is in online.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Koss like this.
  12. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

Why do you think it will slow down crafter? Do you think they craft and salvage their stuff to level up? Worst way to level up and a waste of resources

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  13. Cock of the North

Cock of the North Avatar

lol 40-50k per hour killing whqt exactly?

I would also like to point out that if you look at every plqyer vendor everywhere, you will see dozens and dozens of all the same arrifacts nobody wants to buy on them. So I hope you aren't suggesting you would make this money from selling artifacts because a lot of them are very obviously complete junk.

The only way I can see in this game to make money is either to loot bows and weapons (until encumbered) and sell them to vendors (which requires time spent going back and forth from where you are farming to a vendor (including 2 extra load screens since every town is permanently under siege)), or to farm the materials like carapace, gold, silver, nickel or tin and sell them to players.

Unless you farm bosses of course. Which recently got a lot harder for multiple reasons. Which still requires you to wait for another player to buy your items vs the dozens of player vendors already selling copious amounts of what you are trying to sell.

God, I try so hard not to sound negative but no matter what I say it sounds negative.

I guess these are all the barriers I experience on a daily basis playing the game.

I definitely do not have the carry weight capacity to be making 40-50k an hour off vendoring Elven Estocs though.

I sound critcal here but I honestly want you to teach me how to make that much money in 1 hour in the rise.

Nelzie and mass like this.
  14. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Not everything crafted is worth selling on a vendor, nor is everything worth tossing at an NPC vendor. Salvaging non-exceptional pieces just adds to Salvage XP, which you need to increase the chances at salvaging patterns and components anyway.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.