Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Vendors sitting on ground - is this new and how do I change it?

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by Lifedragn, Apr 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Logged in today to find my vendor sitting down. This wouldn't be a problem if he sat in the chair next to him, but he sat on the ground. Makes him hard to see behind the decorated countertop... Is there any way to toggle this, he seems to sit no matter where I move him.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Woftam

Woftam Avatar

I believe this has to do with how long it's been since his inventory was updated. Try removing one item and relisting it.

3. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

there are already bugreports to this issue (because they don't stand up when adding items)

4. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Alright. Let's see what the BugReport does. I had added items last on 3/28 so I'd hope it wasn't sitting due to that.

5. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

give it a few seconds... the lot will magically refresh and the vendor will appear standing and lively again... :D

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Numa like this.
  6. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I think the sitdown is happening a bit 'too soon', personally. I can see a vendor who hasn't had stuff added in a couple months, sure, but mine's sitting down after < a week. That seems a bit misleading.

7. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Less than a week is crazy. What percentage of the user base actually updates their vendors weekly? A one month timer is sensible.

8. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

They seem to sit after 7 days.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Numa like this.
  9. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

It seems the stand up / sit down is handled by the AI not by an event. That is why it takes some seconds (10-20) until the vendor change his "state".

As a customer i like that unmainted vendors are sitting down, so i do not need to check them. A week is mayby to short but on the other side everyone can go to his/her vendor and do a "bump" by re-listing or adding/removing an item.
    For non-CF vendors this may is a costy "bump", if you have listed items that are not sold like warm bread. On the other side one can use an empty paper, selling it for 12 gold. The "bump" costs 11 gold each week. The paper may titled "KISS, BNTS".

Personaly i have had choosen that the vendors sit down after two weeks of no interaction and put everything to the items-owners bank including his-/herself after one month of no interaction.
    Interaction is meant that one, everyone who is allowed to add/remove items, has to get the gold from the vendor itself and also get a book with all sellings/buyings since last check. As noone gets a mail anymore*, everyone would check the vendor. Except the vendor is forgotten or the player is not active anymore. Sending the vendor to the bank would also free unused AI resources. (and the cash register can count toward container count :D)
    Also if someone has bought or sold an item it should count as interaction.

*May, a mail is send once a day with a list of all vendors that have sold/bought something.

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I don't think it is working correctly and I don't like our vendors sitting down. It is more difficult to see them. Perhaps they could just show a last updated date next to their name.

11. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

I update and restock up to 16 vendors Daily :)
    But i'm not the average player either

Elwyn and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  12. Numa

Numa Avatar

As a buyer I would be ok with a 9 day activity period before the vendor sits down. 2 weeks or a month is too long.

Let's bring @Lord Andernut into the discussion since he has to monitor inactive vendors in NBM.

13. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I usually try to update vendors once a week. So 9 days sounds valid.

Womby, Roycestein Kaelstrom and Numa like this.
  14. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

This sittng down business is daft, and the longer it is ignored and uncorrected the more I get irritated. Not only isn't it working, it's totally illogical.
    Sitting or standing, they could still possess just what i'm after. Why does it matter that they were stocked up over a week ago? They could have great stuff on them.

Where I sell my goods we have an NPC and a Till (cash register). The cash register can't sit down. I've heard it stops glowing, really? I can't tell whether its glowing or not and placed against some well decorated lots its impossible to see one way or the other. On the front lot I have a vendor sitting down next to a cash register, the cash register contain goods. Please ditch or fix this nonsense.

Surely the obvious answer, and the one to deal with the frustrations of searching vendors, is to have them sit if they are empty? As for Cash registers? No idea, why were they introduced? other than as something else to sell to players.

15. Numa

Numa Avatar

I think cash registers were introduced so that any player without a vendor could have one. Otherwise we're going to have the old argument of backer elitism again on the forums.

16. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

I agree with Steevodeevo above. Player vendors should only sit down when empty, as I am adventuring most the time, so I sometimes don't get home for months, and I also am just a part time Player Vendor, and I only add things that I think will sale at reasonable prices, but now I'm afraid I won't get the little business I do, because people will assume my vendor has nothing good to sale, because he's sitting.

Glimo, Tamsen and JohnL like this.
  17. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I strongly disagree. My vendor is not in a "market POT". I can easily go two weeks between sales. As a tailor, I'm only stocking light armors and tailoring relating goods. If my stock is not shrinking, I have little reason to visit my merchant and restock her unless I am taking some time to work on my craft skills and making stuff anyways. A lot of my prices are already at or below cost to craft, so it doesn't help to reduce prices unless I am bringing new better stock anyways.

You shouldn't design the game around high velocity commodities in marketplace settings when the vast majority of vendors will not be stocked or located as such.

LoneStranger, Rentier and Matt Harris like this.
  18. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

I think 7 days is just fine. Its not like you are punished by losing all your items like you would on a public vendor after 7 days. I will take sitting over that any day.

19. JohnL

JohnL Avatar

Like others, I like the idea that a vendor only sits down when they have nothing to sell. Otherwise keep them on their feet and peddling my wares for all they're worth!

From the buyer's point of view, they also avoids time talking to vendors with no stock.

Tamsen likes this.
  20. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Do you have an actual shop or just a street vendor? It isn't so bad on street vendors. But I have a decorated shop because I like a bit of immersion in my RPGs and it looks terrible. If she sits down, she pretty much disappears behind the counter. If the AI was at least good enough to have her sit in the chair right next to her I'd be less against it.

[​IMG]

LoneStranger, Hazard, Womby and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.