Anyone around?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by adrazz, Apr 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

I
    I can also have the same experience in Brittany

2. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Walk into the big cities and PoT's and look around, some of them are MASSIVE now.

But remember, this game is instanced so there is only so many people in a zone at one time.

You will see population by joining a larger guild which will light up your player list with people. Our guild had doubled in size in the past week and we have 30+ people on at once now talking and doing things. Being in the guild, you will see even the people online playing in party mode.

But remember, when you enter Soltown, you may see 10 people in there but there may be 100 total in multiple instances and they are all tied together (if someone moves a decoration on their property in a different instance, you will see it move)

adrazz likes this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome back and make sure you check for nearby players on the Novia Map. Default is not zone atm but you can always shout out a hello to other players on zone chat and do not forget to pass the word so everyone knows of that option. I am majoria in game if I can assist. I am seeing so many new players and visitors. It is really amazing. Also I try to come out onto the Novia map to say hello here and there to the world.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    adrazz and Koss like this.
  4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I walk everywhere... I've used perhaps 6 to 8 Teleport and Recall scrolls since persistence. Mostly to meet people unwilling to wait 5 minutes for me to walk to them.

5. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Great to have a new / old timer in the game.

Welcome @adrazz

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I keep running back and forth from Owls Head and Aerie and see lots of people on the map. Britania area is always full of people.

7. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

This. The first week or so after the monthly update will have a patch every day on average. Because each zone instance works with a P2P system, client versions must match. But often a new version isn't forced, so you just end up with an empty world.

A major design feature of the game is that it shards by instances. It puts people in the same instance of the same zone until a certain threshold is reached. When that happens, it starts a new instance. If people leave the earlier instance, it might start putting them in there again. Adventuring instances are limited to 16 people, and town/overworld instances seem to be currently limited to 64, maybe less. It is possible to force being placed in the same instance as someone else by being in a party with them.

The night before release, Novia split because people started a dance party on the overworld. You could see people in your friends list in Novia, yet they not in "Nearby Players" with you.

This should allow the game to scale to many players, without having to shard by worlds. So you will never have the situation where you can never meet 90%+ of the other players in the game.

There has also been a lot of activity around Blood River/Aerie and Highvale/Resolute.

StrangerDiamond likes this.
  8. maverick77

maverick77 Avatar

No one is around. Slim pickins!

9. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Someone must be around, they're buying a lot of stuff from my vendors.

10. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

As one poster put it, most of us don't walk or run on nobis map. We teleport and recall to friends. This saves so much time . As well most zones are party/solo so group only instances. There are a few none but most zones are. Best to friend all that you meet. Helps you get around as well gives you many people's to Parry with

majoria70 likes this.
  11. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

just now on the Overworld Map...

[​IMG]

Anyone around?
    YES

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Timmy Vortex and majoria70 like this.
  12. St Drahcir

St Drahcir Avatar

Hate to say it, but it is you or the "mode" of the game you are in. I see tons of people online all the time.

majoria70 likes this.
  13. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I play nearly everyday in "Private", my guess is that may others do the same, I backed this game for "selective multi play", I feel it's not your standard MMO, but something more appealing to a wider crowd...

14. Enziet

Enziet Avatar

Compared to AAA MMO's or in the case of Pantheon where it has a big streamer bringing their fans over from Twitch the crowd that plays this game is small compared too. But It's large by the standards of the Non casual crowd. You'll see alot more long term dedicated MMO players in this game than casuals, and alot more older gamers 30+. That being said, I can vouch that there are alot of players. But most play in Friend only mode / Private world. Why deal with the general riff raff when you don't have too. Just do it when you want or need to. The rest of the time I can go about my day in game and not have to compete for resources, or socialize when I don't want to.

15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

ahhh now we're riff raff *cries* . I thought I might play alone when I first got here but however would I play a song with 7 or 8 parts if I play the game alone. One part alone on this one song I have needs a group of 6 at least and that includes drums. Now that is from using our awesome music system;) Really I am joking though about the riff raff, every one should play the game their way. That is what this game promises but too if anyone changes their mind I am very happy to meet you. I am Majoria in the game :) *cheers*

edited

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  16. Lord Blackthorne

Lord Blackthorne Avatar

OP: I also used to be down on the population. Today, however, and since launch, I have seen people everywhere I go. In zones, on overland map, in town. You'll probably hit the most traffic in the overland map as people are traveling. Say hey!

17. adrazz

adrazz Avatar

well cheers guys for all the warm support, it is much appreciated and look forward to meeting up with some of you in game ;)

Timmy Vortex and majoria70 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.