Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Bad Experience with Malice Quest

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by Floors, Apr 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floors

Floors Avatar

Hi,

I just wanted to give some feedback about the Malice Quest.

I'm on the path of truth and I partnered up with Samuel and going through Malice. Everything is going well, I'm having a good time, Samuel and I are partnered up and we get past the green barrier to the lower cave. At this point slimes kill me and I respawn and Samael is gone without a trace. No idea.

Then I find out there's a barrier to do with Samaels regrets that won't let me pass. I don't know what to do.

Thinking it's a bug, I quite to main menu and go back in. A message says "Samuel is further inside..." Okay... but where ? Nowhere I can see. I can't go further. So I go all the way back through malice looking for him, exit to nova in case he's at the beach (I'm thinking) outside Malice, and I find myself dumped outside spite on the main map.

Then, the worst part - I go back to Malice, everything's totally respawned except I still don't have Samael, and the worst part is that I have to do the entire green barrier thing over again.

At this point I just quit in disgust.

I'd just like to tell you that this kind of thing is not actually fun. And I have no idea if I'm just gonna get stuck again assuming I can do ALL of Malice over again :(

In most games - when you beat an area... the game saves your progress.

*edit* I later find that in my inventory, I have a summon Samuel item. So I feel like if I'd been more aware of it, I wouldn't have had to go through this.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    Rentier, Vyrin and Kara Brae like this.
  2. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Good to see people posting feedback on the quests!

I would bug report it since the text you were given (Samael is further inside...) doesn't match the fact that you have to resummon him. If you are frustrated by this, for sure many with less experience in the game will be too!

I think you meant this is the path of love, not truth.

Olthadir likes this.
  3. Floors

Floors Avatar

Oh yeah it's the path of love for sure, my mistake.

I don't mind if I get confused or fail, I actually like when things are a little difficult, like finding the notes and gems, but I really think making players do content they've already done over again (and getting notes and gems again ? really ?) really takes you out of the mood.

Vyrin likes this.
  4. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@Lord Trady of Blix , when Samauel agrees to join you, you are given a whistle that calls him back to your aide. I believe you need to place it in your necklace slot and drag it one of the two bars to use it. That brings him to your side.

Elwyn likes this.
  5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

You just have to wait for samaul to get to that last barrier, he takes it down.

6. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Sad that this hasn't been fixed since I reported it prior to persistence. :/

7. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

This. I ran an alt through this a few weeks ago, and the main problem I had with the summoning thing was that I got a whistle from the Necropolis version of Samael, then another whistle for the Malice version of Samael. Of course only one of them worked in Malice, and I had to figure out which one. As I recall they both had the same name.

Even then I recall having difficulty. I also remember trying to go out and back in, finding myself back on Novia and having to travel to the island again. The exit from the dungeon should go back to the island scene, not Novia.

Spoon likes this.
  8. Nog

Nog Avatar

I would add that after the Samael / Muriel exchange, the new quest that appears on your quest list/journal "Find Sequanna" wasn't clear to me. The pointer as to where to go next is pretty squirrely.

Addendum: if you hover over the quest, the game will suggest she must be somewhere in this dungeon. That is not evident in the journal entry and while briefly mentioned in the conversation, the language in the conversation about leaving the location derailed me.

Since it was not evident to me to do the follow up quest then/there, I went back but could not get the special summoning item to successfully summon Samael... However, I spoke again to the guy who carts the dead bodies by asking about, "Samael" and this appears to reset something so you can successfully summon Samael inside the crypt.

Hope this helps others.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.