Exterior house decoration

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Lord Melvek, Dec 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Melvek

Lord Melvek Avatar

Great stuff redfish! I think I will even try to put some in my own backyard in rl lol.

Great pics and explanation, I'm sure hope they will use most of our ideas here for real. Like I said before, I will surely consider buying a smaller house for my town lot for extra decorations. That knight house looks big enough for me anyway especially with a 5 story basement.

2. Lord Melvek

Lord Melvek Avatar

Good stuff and I want to add a crypt entrance that get you directly in the basement.

mahjah, Siriustar and Miracle Dragon like this.
  3. Maltese

Maltese Avatar

The Tropico game utilized brilliant landscaping in the game. The menu system (organized by categories) was very much like a modern day landscape design software tool.
    One could preview the item before dropping it down, upgrade or even bull doze it. Bushes, hedge rows, trees (including fruit), fountains (with sound and visual effects), etc..
    Crops grown from seed to harvest endured the weather patterns that varied throughout the year.

Wells are very much a huge historical significance. I would like to see this implemented as well as other options shown (above). At a minimum.
    Vineyards for production of wine (sans.. Mosel and Rhine Rivers in Germany). Wheat/Barely fields grown to produce Ale/Beer (the Egyptians brought us that at least). Regards ;)

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  4. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Avatar

The house decorator in me squees at all the talk here of yard decoration and suggestions for it.

mahjah and Miracle Dragon like this.
  5. DimwitTheWise

DimwitTheWise Avatar

I would love the ability to size trees and the like so I can make my own alternate route to my roof. Run, jump, whatever. Maybe hedges stacked or something.

mahjah and Lord Baldrith like this.
  6. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

I say we should have to buy seeds and plant the landscaping and watch it grow.

mahjah, Kayhynn and Lord Baldrith like this.
  7. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

+1 for trees and definitely vines. I wanted my avatar to be a wine maker..and that's going to be hard with no vineyard.

mahjah and Lord Baldrith like this.
  8. Mogdurok

Mogdurok Avatar

Quick question - can we "lock down" all house decoration items outside of our house as long as they are on our property? For example, could somebody lock down a table with 4 chairs in the corner of their lot? Or are there pre-designated items that are only for exterior decoration?

Btw-firepits, swimming pools, out door duel pits would be cool exterior decoration items.

mahjah and Miracle Dragon like this.
  9. DimwitTheWise

DimwitTheWise Avatar

From what was available in previous releases, yes but not on the walls or such things. I had crafting tables and fountains and chairs/tables and a graveyard and such all in the grass of the lot in front of whatever houses I was playing with (all around the yard). But I was unable to "mount" things on walls not designed as mountable. Ankh in front of wall, yup. Ankh on wall, nope. You could technically not have a house and just decorate your lot. But with what we have seen, what can be external (or internal for that matter) can be on the ground but not necessarily on the walls.

10. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

This is true, for those releases, but that's because they turned off the option to decorate exterior walls for those preliminary releases. It is planned to allow exterior wall decoration, with vines and banners and other things. This is coming! :D So keep up the good ideas..

I like the idea of a small foutain that looks like it is partially embedded in the external wall. It might only look right in 'stone walls' though..

11. DimwitTheWise

DimwitTheWise Avatar

Agreed they definitely will be opening up some more options, but I do think they will leave in some collision detection and "mountable" items. So some are ground, some are wall, and I guess some could be either (candles and levers and whatever else makes sense in either location). It' be neat if they allowed half a fountain to be embedded in a wall, but I'm not sure they will.

Lord Baldrith and Miracle Dragon like this.
  12. mahjah

mahjah Avatar

Yes, yes..I love every one of the ideas! Add my hope for a wisteria, was always trying to recreate one like these..included my attempt at one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.