Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Compass Quest Indicators not Updating

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by Finnigast, Apr 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnigast

Finnigast Avatar

4/1/2018 10:01 AM
    Title: No Blue Quest Markers Showing on the Compass
    Reproduction Rate: Constant
    Blocker? No
    Details:

Ever since I have arrived at Ardoris, the blue indicators on the compass HUD have stopped updating. I now have 17 quests, 8 of them involving tasks within Ardoris itself (not counting the 6 or so I have already completed), not a single blue icon on my compass. I have tried cycling the "show task highlighting" and re-logging several times, nothing seems to make it update. I also zoned in and out of Ardoris, still nothing.

In regards to the World Map, the only compass indicators I have are for quests I have already completed (and one quest that I had prior to arriving to Ardoris (Inform Godbert of Cugel's Reaction).

Steps to Reproduce:

This is the second time this has happened to me. When it happened the first time, I bug reported it (and never got a response), and took advantage of the "reset quests" in hopes that it would clear the tracker and start working again. Unfortunately, it seems to have started happening as I entered Ardoris again after following the questline from Solace Bridge.

I have now wasted my one time quest reset in an attempt to fix a bug...that still persists. I have no compass indicators for quests, which makes things a bit more frustrating than I prefer to have in my gaming, given the size of the game, and the already somewhat irritating requirement of talking to every NPC and going through every conversation option to find the quests in the first place.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 16330
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.757.Date.03.30.18
    Area: Ardoris
    Area Display Name: Ardoris
    Loc: (-58.1, 54.3, -321.2)
    Debug: QXJkb3Jpc3x8KC01OC4xMDksIDU0LjMwMiwgLTMyMS4yMTIpfCgwLCAwLjk4NCwgMCwgLTAuMTgpfC00OTcuODIzN3wxMi4zODE5OHw2LjI3MDc5

Anendrue likes this.
  2. Finnigast

Finnigast Avatar

Bumping this in the hopes of getting a response.

3. Anendrue

Anendrue Avatar

I have both stuck indicators and missing indicators on my compass. Makes playing the game very frustrating. I wish they would fix it or remove it.

*Edited for grammar issues.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Finnigast Can you post pictures of your current tasks? Knowing which ones and what scenes you are in for them (related to the quest in that scene) may help us narrow down the issue. We cannot repro, which means the details will be important.
    Thanks!

5. Finnigast

Finnigast Avatar

@Lexie

That's a bit...extensive...but I'll work on it. I mean, my list of messed up compass markers is fairly extensive, and I already completed numerous quests that weren't updating on the compass HUD. I can't imagine I am the only person having an issue with messed up quest markers on the compass (I know I am not, and I am not just referring to the person above). Are you telling me that the problem with quest markers not updating on the compass isn't a known issue?

6. STiAT

STiAT Avatar

Tasks I currently have:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Markers:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see, none of the markers I have fits the taks I have, which is pretty annoying.

Anendrue and i395 like this.
  7. STiAT

STiAT Avatar

PS: Yes, that are all my markers, I don't have one for my current quests.

I hope it helps, since that's an issue which really annoys me (I have been backer, but I didn't play until release and don't know my way around, which probably makes it harder compared to those who played all the beta phases and know where to go ;-)).

I really would appreciate if you could look into that, if you need any more information let me know.

Yours,
    Me

8. i395

i395 Avatar

I am starting to run across the same problem. I too have blue quest indicators for quests that are done or do not exist in my log. Similar to the common go collect 12 cotton (for an NPC I have never talked too even).

9. STiAT

STiAT Avatar

@Lexie any news on that? Any more Info you need provided to help you narrow this down?

10. Anendrue

Anendrue Avatar

I also have quest markers on my compass and no correlating quest in my journal. I can add the additional information if needed.

STiAT likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.