Harvesting "Dragon" Eggs

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Nelzie, Apr 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

There's a Tier 5 in the Blackblade Mountains with a desert, Huge Corpions, Darkstar Corpions and that yellow/brown Dragon.

In the scene there's piles of massive dragon bones and what looks like dragon eggs at various states of development. These eggs should be something we can harvest resources from, obviously with some risk.

Harvesting them should provide unique resources that can be incorporated in or used in the making of special items.

Dragon Eggs could be composed of a couple different elements that could then be used in crafting, even cooking...

Dragon Egg Yolk, clearly a cooking product.

Dragon Egg "leather", there's some leathery looking veins that could be used in making straps or be incorporated in leather armors.

Dragon Egg Shells could be incorporated into ingots for metal weapons and armor.

The larger eggs would provide more resources, but they would also risk releasing an infant dragon. Not a HUGE danger by itself, but... it would scream and attract an adult dragon, that would chase the character all over the scene and not stop until the character is dead.

Harvesting the smaller eggs would provide far fewer resources, but also risk calling an adult dragon that would be quite irate.

Using Dragon Egg equipment could add an aggro for Dragons on the character that is wearing/using such armor and equipment as well. Maybe increase the chances of a Dragon kicking off its more devastating attacks in a shorter period of time too.

Yet, this same equipment could provide some minor protection or advantage against Dragons at the same time.

2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Am reminded of a quest from Ultima VII to acquire dragon eggs for a cook for a special recipe. Need a greater variety of exotic foods. :)

3. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I love the whole idea @Nelzie! I have often thought it a shame that we can't collect the dragon scales and skin and use them as components for some really uber, high-end, craftable gear! You've just taken it a step further, which great! Dragons are such cool enemies that the reward for killing one should be components like this that could be used for cooking, crafting and overall, just making really cool high-end stuff! :)

Nelzie likes this.
  4. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Killing a dragon should drop Dragon Scales, Dragon Leather, Dragon Meat, Dragon Claws, Dragon Eyes and other bits, like a Dragon Spleen, to be used in all sorts of complex recipes.

Even Dragon Bones that could be added to Ingots.

More things to do and craft that carry a price when being used. Perhaps if there's a party of adventurers or just a pile of such folk unaffiliated in the same town square... a Dragon could swoop down and attack, because the accumulated Aggro from all the Dragon equipment would attract a big... mean one. Larger and more powerful than all the rest. Just laying waste to a whole scene.

5. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Oh dude, I love this idea! Again, it should be really difficult to get this stuff, but it would be worth it given the "bonus" attributed to its corresponding finished product. Not like the Obsidian armor, which is a bit of a disappointment currently. :D

6. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

good idea!

7. Lained

Lained Avatar

But if you harvest the eggs how will you be able to harvest the dragons? ;)

8. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I would imagine that there would be a limit to the number of eggs one COULD harvest before an angry mamma dragon would come swooping down.

9. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I'm actually in this scene right now lol. There are a bunch of eggs, but I didn't realize there are no TWO dragons here, yikes! :D

Nelzie likes this.
  10. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

All those eggs and NONE of them to harvest. Seems a damn, dirty shame, if you ask me.

Hatchlings should pop in that zone all the time too. Maybe about as tough as a Darkstar Corpion?

Cordelayne likes this.
  11. Armitage_

Armitage_ Avatar

great ideas, I love it!

12. Floors

Floors Avatar

Now that's a cool idea

13. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Also... I am aware that Bone armor requires some Dragon bits, but... really Dragons are HUGE, there should be some additional items to gather off the corpse.

14. Almar

Almar Avatar

I'm hoping cooking will get some love (and recipes) soon!

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.