Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info has been provided] Cannot lower skill level - from 41 to 40 - Train Dexterity

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Lord Merlin, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Merlin

Lord Merlin Avatar

1. Title: Cannot lower skill level - from 41 to 40 - Train Dexterity
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details:Other skills: Distract - 20, Armor Weak Points - 1, Safe Fall - 24, Subterfuge Specialization - unlearned.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Train Dex was at 41 when release went active. Tried to lower skill by setting control to unlearning. I would only toggle to Training and Not Training
    6. User Specs: Windows 10 - GA release, initial build (no build information on screen)

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

So you are trying to lower it from 41 to 40 - one point - which would be the lowest you could get it to before the skills below it are completely unlearned. Am I understanding correctly?
    @Lord Merlin

3. Lord Merlin

Lord Merlin Avatar

Yes, that is it exactly. I can do this successfully in other trees with other skills. I have no idea what is different about this one situation. Let me know if you want to "borrow" the avatar.

4. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

I am having a similar problem with my archery skill @Lexie

I did post in the general skills forum rather than R52 bug forum as it was happening to me in R51 too. Lexie I have tagged you to that post too.

Basically tier three skills have dimished ok but tier 2 and 1 skills seem stuck at 40. The initial archery passive is stuck at 20.

The exception is Range which is at 60 because I cannot even get the double red arrow for that ( nor orange maintain) only green up or -

Also if I right click on any of these skills to use a scroll of Unlearning the option to do so does not appear whereas it does on other trees (I do have scroll in my inventory so that's not the problem)

5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

if you right click on a skill once it is level 1, you can forget it, then move to the skill above it and untrain it to level 1, then forget it, so on and so on til you have completely forgotten the entire tree.

6. Lord Merlin

Lord Merlin Avatar

Yes, if it works. This is a case where it doesn't. I DO understand how it is supposed to work. And if you read the original post, the attempt is to lower a skill from 41 to 40. I am not sure how your comment applies to this situation. Thank you, though.

7. Lord Merlin

Lord Merlin Avatar

What is the status of this? I can no longer reduce the XP alloted to various skills without paying a 50% XP loss penalty because of this bug. The problem should be fixed, and in addition, skills that have had this problem should be added to full XP return status. Many people tried different combinations of Specializations. They are unable to reduce the prerequisite skill from 80 required to activate the specialization to the previous lower value of 40 or 1 or 0 that they had before specialization was introduced. It is irksome that this issue has bee ignored by development. I guess I will have to open the problem in every release. That development thinks that putting a simple problem in the [More Info] state is how to deal with the problem characterizes the development community as unprofessional and uncaring about their customers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.