Pre Alpha release 2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Roger36, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roger36

Roger36 Avatar

I just missed out on the pre alpha release 1 going straight in at patron level on boxing day I am hoping theres another release soon!! arghh.. I just want to walk the streets of Britannia again
    Hopefully I can get to citizen level soon! as I have upgraded my PC to a ninja machine and I am building another PC with my 6 month old components to sell on ebay.
    Is there anyway I can reserve a name in the game or am I stuck with Roger36.. apologies i'm a bit of a noob :)

2. Lord Melvek

Lord Melvek Avatar

No worries you can choose your first and last name (optional) at the character creation screen. Release 2 is coming shortly between January 24 to January 26.

• Crafting: We will be opening up crafting for testing with more than 100 recipes. Chests full of crafting resources will be provided. Crafting will initially focus on refining and production for smithing, tailoring, and carpentry.
    • Shopping: Shopkeepers will be open for business for selling and buying.
    • Town 2: An additional municipality (likely village sized) will be open for business! Exiting one municipality will take you immediately to the other municipality.
    • List Inventory: For those who prefer spreadsheets to immersion. The inventory battle royale continues!
    • Character Customization++: Characters will be wiped, but you will now have even more options when creating your character to make it look unique including: facial features, scaling, and more content (hairstyles, head shapes, skin tones, hair colors, etc.)
    XX

Roger36 likes this.
  3. Roger36

Roger36 Avatar

Thankyou Lord Melvek For the info, So I guess Everything we do in game will be wiped come next release?

4. Alayth

Alayth Avatar

Yeah, don't expect to do anything that will become permanent for quite a while. You can read the release info here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/early-access-schedule.3875/

Release 4 is on March 20, and as I understand it is a full alpha (all prior releases are very limited, focusing on specific game mechanics). It will remain open for a while, but expect to be wiped by the time they release a beta (I assume we'll be wiped sometime during beta as well).

5. Roger36

Roger36 Avatar

Thanks for the clarification I had better get some crafting skills then by march :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.