Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] summoned water elemental not healing player in combat

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Echondas, Apr 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

4/4/2018 12:27 PM
    Title: summoned water elemental not healing player in combat
    Reproduction Rate:Often
    Blocker?No
    Details: The summoned water elemental is not healing the player in combat again - something is getting it into a bugged state
    Steps to Reproduce:Unsure - but often the water elemental will get stuck in a bugged state where it will not heal the player. I fought a reaper and it didn't heal me at all, including a few minutes after while I was at low health, standing idle with my weapon drawn still - a wolf attacked the water elemental, which seems to have unbugged it - as it then proceeded to heal itself, and me.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2603 v3 @ 1.60GHz (12) System RAM: 32690
    GPU: NVIDIA Quadro M4000 GPU RAM: 8144
    SotA.Win.64.759.Date.04.02.18
    Area: Novia_R9_Forest02_03
    Area Display Name: Ulfheim
    Loc: (110.2, 27.9, 140.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjlfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDN8fCgxMTAuMTY1LCAyNy45MTcsIDE0MC4xMTkpfCgwLCAwLjQ3MiwgMCwgMC44ODIpfDExODIuNDk4fDE5Ljg4ODczfDEyLjUzMjc=

2. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

Confirmed for me as well. Very sporadic. Worst is when it is first summoned - guaranteed no heals the first fight. I have found hitting 1 and 2 on the numeric keypad, and going in and out of combat stance sometimes trigger a heal.

3. Echondas

4. Scrambler

Scrambler Developer Emeritus

Strange... I'll look into it. Thanks.

Lexie and Echondas like this.
  5. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

My experience seems to be something like this:

1) Combat begins
    2) Elemental gets attacked by a mob while player is in combat
    3) Mob attacking elemental dies
    4) Elemental stops healing player, possibly forced into combat mode (aggressive?) and doesn't return to healing (immediately?)
    5) I've seen the elemental just stand next to me for 30 seconds without either attacking the monster I'm fighting or healing me. Just sort of standing there doing nothing. Maybe this is associated with focus on the elemental being tracked? Maybe it ran out of focus while healing?

This has been far more noticeable hunting Reapers in Ulfheim, largely because there's plenty of elder wolves that draw aggression to the water elemental as it stands far back from the player and the combat sequences go on long enough to observe the water elemental not healing after a period of time.

In fact, the distance it stands from the player is a bit surprising, in my opinion. The difficulty I've had in reproducing this largely stems from the fact I'm never looking at the water elemental because its either standing far away, behind me, or both.

Sincerely,

Engineer

Scrambler and Rentier like this.
  6. Poisonedpawn

Poisonedpawn Avatar

If my elemental takes any damage at all he stops trying to heal no matter what is happening. it only tries to heal when it is at full health. Additionally after some period of time which seems to be random, the pet bugs out entirely and just stops healing all together no matter what and requires a resummon to activate again with all the same issues.

This is really getting annoying.

7. Echondas

I noticed also that if I summon an elemental before being in combat, and then enter combat and take damage - it doesn't seem to heal - whereas if I am already in combat and wounded and then summon one, it will heal me.

8. golruul

golruul Avatar

I'm noticing same issues with my water elemental as well as a fellow party member's water elemental -- although it was amusing to watch him slowly die while the two elementals stood there and did nothing.

9. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

if you are not hit by the enemy then the water elemental does nothing in defensive, neither attack nor heal if you already are wounded

on aggresive it attacks the enemy but also doesn't heal any damage you received earlier, only if you are hit again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.