Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Awkward Things That Should Be Addressed For An Officially Released Game.

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by Punkte, Mar 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matpsch

matpsch Developer Emeritus

I see, and you're right. Jumping is something we are looking at right now actually.

And as a sidenote, we already modified the foot IK when running on slopes for this release so they will no longer over-rotate to unnatural angles when running along a steep incline.

2. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

They’re doing that is for immersion - because you’re “pushing” past that NPC or creature - instead of having a collision block you from moving completely and having to walk around them. Notice the NPC “barks” when you do this.

Now with some polish - it would be fun to visually see your character push them out of the way, etc .. maybe that will be a fun thing for a future release.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    matpsch likes this.
  3. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

That's because you and I have been here since the very beginning. People who just buy the game for the RPG feel, find the jumping and movement outright weird and clunky. ;)

4. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

If they had appropriate animation that you push the bystander aside, or something similar (Witcher 3 does it very well), it would feel a lot better, than just getting stuck in bystanders body...

5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Ive heard soon there will be an option

6. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

I get the idea of charged jump, even though I don't love it I'm almost used to it. Something that might make it feel better and be a good compromise to everyone without hopefully being too tough to code would be to make non-charged jumps more responsive and to make consecutive non-charged jumps responsive as well, and to make it easier to jump on non-perfect surfaces. My biggest issue, the thing that makes it feel so laggy to me, is the unresponsiveness of those non-charged jumps and trying to jump while running on somewhat uneven surfaces.

I don't have a problem with people getting weird places because they're having fun jumping, so I don't get why jumping seems to have been made more difficult over time, that's part of the fun of playing games.

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well and one thing about 'jump' and many things in this game is you don't have to get better at it. You just can do it. Acrobatics could affect ability to jump and maybe they do but I have not seen that this is the case. Also when we get mounts coming in the future will they be able to run, jump, and race? I want to be able to have horse racing in the game. We already have one scene that looks like it is a horse-racing place. It would be totally cool if we could have jumping hurtles with our horses also and train them in some things.

Special details to systems like character animations and movement, fishing, mounts, agriculture etc are really important to the longevity of this game. If things are fun then they will come. I did have a thread once that was called something like 'if we build it, they will come'. Details for incomplete systems are truly important for the sandbox part of this game. I am seeing more and more details getting added in. Here's hoping the fishing update will happen soon and it is not an episode 2 system but one that has continuously been pushed due to water needing updated in scenes, well this is what I heard ;).

@matpsch

Mirellani Brave and matpsch like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.