Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Can't enter Owl's Head

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by Money Mike, Apr 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Money Mike

Money Mike Avatar

You guys seriously need to fix this game .... I cannot even login right now without getting stuck at 99% trying to leave Greymane Forest.... I try to resume and start on world map.... Or I get stuck at 98% trying to zone into owl's head.... Or wherever else.... This has happened MULTIPLE times and just starts working again out of nowhere. I know I'm not the only one because I see other posts about it too. These issues have NOTHING to do with my computer performance because I can run way better games than this at max graphics. I am playing on fastest, pulling 30-40 fps.

I am on the brink of quitting over these issues. I can almost guarantee that new players experiences these issues won't stick around either. I feel like this game is becoming a major cash grab as you guys are too focused on creating in-game buy-able items, land, etc. instead of fixing the real, core issues at hand. FIX THE PERFORMANCE.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2018
    Davelington, Salix, Jaws2 and 4 others like this.
  2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Have you filed a bug report?

3. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Sorry youre faced with such tech difficulties, Mr Mike. Keep in contact with support - youre experience is not typical!

Nelzie and Lained like this.
  4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

There was one other thread in here about getting stuck at 98 or 99%. I wonder if he figured out what the problem was?

Nelzie likes this.
  5. Adrian (Kung Fu Master)

Adrian (Kung Fu Master) Avatar

He's right, until they fix Owl's Head issue of 99% load/stuck, I stopped visiting that place. I'm pretty sure the citizens living there are more frustrated than you. Revenue lost due to customers can't log into the town to buy/sell items. I would suggest to stay away from those bugged towns and continue on with your quest/game.

6. Harclubs

Harclubs Avatar

I've found that changing into friends/private mode lets me log into Owls Head when I get the 98% error. Maybe that would help here?

7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Has everyone that's experience this either filed a bug report, or commented on an existent bug report with a "Me Too" and included your /bug information?
    The more data they have, the more likely they will be able to find a root cause.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  8. amarious

amarious Avatar

Not being able to visit Owl's Head has saved me a lot of gold coins!

9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Here's an Owl's Head 98% bug report, you should add info to that if you're having the issue there in particular.

Also, I think there is another one but haven't found it yet. I don't know if it's in OH or everywhere.

Thankfully I haven't had to deal with this particular one.

Rentier likes this.
  10. Tanglewood

Tanglewood Avatar

I've never had an issue with getting stuck at xx% while entering Owl's head. Definitely report this as a bug along with your computer specs.

Vermine likes this.
  11. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

12. Alexandra Cornfellow

Alexandra Cornfellow Avatar

@Canterbury, Hi. I've been whining about this for a long time now. I'm 61, and have been a developer since the mid 80's--not a game developer though. And I simply can not imagine why this is so difficult to fix. I'm simply trying to teleport to a friend in Owl's Head, and either it completely hangs at 98% or I'm teleported into the moongate and then someplace else. As I've stated multiple times, this can potentially frustrate a new player to the point where the abandon the game an go elsewhere.

Canterbury likes this.
  13. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Try switching Graphics modes from Fastest to something higher like Beautiful. It seems inverted in thinking, but actually worked when I had the issue. Its also been in the bug forum as a possible workaround.

Canterbury likes this.
  14. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Thank you. I switched graphics mode on the map. Locked up the PC. Rebooted and, in the new graphics mode, entered the town. Phew.

Changed graphics mode once I was in Owl's Head. Locked up the PC. Rebooted. So, a bit of messing about, even with the workaround, but I got there.

Cheers.

majoria70 and Stryker Sparhawk like this.
  15. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

So when I got that stuck at 98% thingie in Owls I turned off the aggressive item loading since that is what happens at 98.
    Worked like a charm so far.

Nelzie, Paladin Michael and majoria70 like this.
  16. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Yeah, that bug is a bit annoying but relatively new. I doubt they'll ignore it and skip fixing it.

On a side note, I've seen worse bugs in other released games such as <insert any game and accompanying worst bug here>.

Nelzie and Steevodeevo like this.
  17. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

I suspect OP's more aggravated about his overall FPS.

18. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

This bug has been around for many months, for me the solution has been to avoid Owls Head and the Brittany cluster since these were the main areas it happened quite often.

19. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hi Money Mike,

Our sincere apologies about this early experience. You are correct, it has nothing to do with your computer. We realize there are some of these cases that are still occurring for a few individuals, and it looks like you came across one. I've already sent our team a notice to look into it right away.

Fortunately this is a rare issue, so it shouldn't hardly ever happen to most players. If it does occur again though, until we can get it fixed, I would suggest loading back into the overworld first and then loading into Owl's Head will avoid the issue. This issue, when it does happen, generally occurs at the loading of a few scenes like Owl's Head when you first start the game.

If you have any other questions or concerns about the games performance, we definitely want to know about them. Thanks again for sharing this one with us!

20. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Because they don't know what's causing it unless then can reproduce it on a system with debugging enabled. It's awful hard to fix a bug if you don't know where in the code it is, or what is the bad data is that causes it.

It seems that if this is happening to you, it will be much more likely to keep happening. It didn't affect me until R52. I've had good luck so far going in the second entrance to Owl's Head.

And everybody note that there are two bugs. Owl's Head is at 98%, but there is also a (probably) similar one that hangs at 99% in other areas.

Kabalyero likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.