Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Some observations on the new deck swapping interface and short cut keys.

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by Steevodeevo, Apr 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I wonder if i'm not using this new feature right?

I was looking forward to this but i'm struggling to find a way to make it useful in the way its currently implemented, which I appreciate is release version 1. As I say, I may be missing something..

Firstly can you change the order of the decks you assign to the keys? Currently I've got quite a few alt_decks and experimental decks set up. It would seem the shortcut assignments just follow the order they appear when you hit 'Y'. This list isn't even in alpha order, so you can't rename them to a determined sequence of shortcut keys.

Also which seems hugely confusing and for me makes it currently unusable*, the use of the shortcuts messes with your primary and secondary deck assignments, i.e. it doesn't just load the short cut deck, it changes it to the main deck and assigns some random deck to the secondary slot. With my feeble brain i'm immediately lost as to how to get back to my 'main' decks (eg, buffs heals, melee, coconuts, ..etc).

* I may be confused, I hope so . The release patch notes talk about using Alt-(number 0-9) to assign decks to keys, (which is why I thought the process was kb controlled and I only worked out how to use it today after some helpful soul put me straight), but it seems in Options/Controls you can just assign any single number, letter or a function key.

Help!

Edit -

OK maybe a bit of humble pie here (sorry Port!)....

OK, its not too bad to re-order the 'Y' list using copy and delete, the copy goes to the end, then delete the original to re sort the list - thanks for that mate.

The equipped and alternative re-assignment is still a bit of a drag, but when I use only '4 quick decks' I can re-cycle back to my main and alternative deck set up fairly easy (by pressing 2 then 1*) when I've finished messing about with the short cuts.

*As my Buff deck is set to 2 and my main dps set to 1, if I hit 2 then 1, I get back to the original default and alternative decks

This isn't a disaster, for now, but yet to try it in combat situation where I have enough to think about already, but I'm sure its just muscle memory. That said, it could be easier, and I'm sure it will be eventually.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    Rentier likes this.
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

3. Tamsen

Tamsen Avatar

I actually think it IS bad. I understand that is has been submitted to the dev team, so I won't whine too much about it any more (right now). I just wanted to say, "me too!"

4. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Yea, it isn't great, I was just less frustrated as I'd found a clunky way to Re order.

Actually I was going to update as when I use a shortcut key to swap, often my avatar gets naked, and doesn't swap. The gear on the different sets is fine so this is a bug.

Tamsen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.