Avatars Radio - Radio of the Avatars

Discussion in 'Player Radio Stations' started by Amber Raine, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celith Wraine

Celith Wraine Avatar

I missed the broadcast due to real life circumstances but I was able to find it and WOW it held me enthralled for the whole time it played :)

2. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

[​IMG]

It is already October, Release 10 has already come and gone and for those in North America the Snow threatens to fall upon us. Welcome to the 4th quarter of 2014!

Release 10 was amazing, with so many events happening and such a busy weekend, the editorial staff was given the time off so they might enjoy the wonderful parties and planning of the community. With the ability to partake in all of the festivities that happened, we are able to bring you a fuller more content packed Week in Review this week. YaY!

Of course, as many are aware, last weekend started in the middle of the week for a majority of people. I hear every month people ask "how is that possible". Well for those that have pledged to Developer level or above their weekend starts on Wednesday, often times on Tuesday as they get to see what they can break before everyone else gets to. It is not too late to up your pledge to also be able to break things before everyone else. This round was no exception and those that were not part of this experience should almost be thankful, you did not lose your life to being run through with peoples hair! Yes, it is true. Death by hair was a thing this release!! Okay, perhaps it was not that bad but it truly could have been, did you see those pictures? Keep in mind this is still pre-alpha and these kind of comedy things are bound to happen. We laughed, we cried, we died. It was great!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

This issue was quickly resolved and death by hair was no longer an epidemic among New Brittanians. However! What did become an epidemic was the Black Plaque. This illness quickly spread across the lands we call home like wild fire. Rumour has it that the one known as "The One and Only" was the initial carrier of this widely spread disease. Alchemists and medics alike worked to try and solve this issue that seemed to only have one cure, death. That is right! You had to die to have it removed and then you had to pray that no one infected came within reach of you or it would spread to you again. It was a rather disturbing sight. One can only hope that the alchemists and medics may find a cure before we venture back through the rifts.

The travel home was filled with much interest and anticipation as was made obvious by the vast number of Avatars that took the trip across the lunar rift. It is yet unknown if they took this trip due to the new ventures they could find, the celebrations and events planned or for the wonderful hat that was given to them from the tour guides. Yes, tour guides were giving out hats! The "Grand Tour" allowed us all to take in the sites of areas we may have not dared travel, breath taking views seen, glorious people met, and most importantly a new fashionable hat which I for one will keep until the end of time. It is known that those that acquired this hat during this release will be allowed to keep it forever. The Mad Hermit and Duke Violation of Vengeance both created amazing videos to act as a map and to help guide us through where we may need to go.(sadly Violations video got lost in the piles of data stacked upon my desk, if anyone has a link, I would be happy to update this!)

It has also been foretold that we will be having such tours through out the rest of the trips to the other side of the lunar rift. I look forward to adding more clothes to my closet!

Those that may have been looking for a challenge, their request was answered as a new area was opened to us all. This area was named accurately, the "Challenge Dungeon" . Upon entering one would find themselves faced with a few easy stags, then wolves, and progressively got harder from there. There were only a few champions that managed to completely finish this new dungeon. Congratulations to those few! They were rewarded grandly with what one could only call a Nobles Bounty. Crowns, cloaks and even house deeds galore! Shall they make it even harder? How does one fare within the halls of this dungeon in single player? These are the questions we are left to have answered, per chance we shall know in release 11.

Many an Avatar was visited this trip by the King. Lord British was seen delivering crowns to the nobles of our land. I was present at a few of these such occurrences, people cheered as Lord British bestowed upon them their rightful ranks. It is with question if these crowns will be carried over to following releases or if the Lord shall be making a visit every time. It is always with cheerful heart we see he rise and bring others with him.
    [​IMG]
    Winfield and Duke Violation recieve their crowns from Lord British

This was but one joyous occasion that happened through the lands as the Avatars journeyed forward. Notably the first such celebration was held within the township of Port Phoenix. A warm thank you to Kazyn PhoenixFire and Jack Knyfe for hosting the release 10 party! FireLotus once again took to the mic and brought us the music that kept our feet moving for a full 2 hours. Tower diving into hot tubs as well as line dancing and impromptu battles transpired, was indeed fun for all!

I would like to send a special warm thank you to Myrcello for the recorded video made from the party. This data was found by surprise on my desk, delivered by a listener of Avatars Radio, had it not been for Carlaisle, this video may not have been found.

Another great community event that happened was the Irish Ceilidh that happened in Dara Brae. Grand stories were shared with those in attendance. Duke Gregoir was the amazing host and several attendees were welcomed forth to tell of their tales. After the stories were shared and none stepped forth to share any further, a dance to some of the most beautiful Celtic music was enjoyed by all.

Port Phoenix also held a grand story telling. Sadly, our reporters were not able to visit during this period and were not able to obtain much information. However, word has it a grand tale from Riya was told, as well as Kazyn and a few others. Perhaps it is time for Avatars Radio and the Week in Review to bring on more journalists so we may be in more then one place at a time. Anyone interested? Thank you Port Phoenix for being amazing!

Did you happen to catch the trial? Oh it happened, and many were in attendance for it. Our own Amber Raine on trial for the most vile of crimes. Governor Winfield of PaxLair read the crimes: Stealing fish and bread was the minor counts, the count that had even herself in dear fright was the wish to have her beheaded for killing sheep. Tis a sad tale that many witnessed, as Amber sat upon the accused stand answering questions and listening as both sides tried to convince the jury of her innocence or guilt. Amber was in a stir. How could those amongst the jury think herself to possibly do something that would bring tears to the eyes of her Liege. This alone was what had proven her innocence, as both sides forgot about the fish and the bread.
    Jay Rab was acting as prosecution, his witness Duke Gregoir seemingly fond of sheep himself, was making it evident that he was most likely candidate for being in the seat that Amber now sat.
    Riya acting as defense worked the jury into a frenzy, proving how Amber could not have done such a thing, "she is sweet and innocent after all and would not do anything of the sort! "
    There were some in the jury that required detainment as they had already placed judgement upon Amber before her trial had even commenced. Duke Violation was held in contempt of court and jailed, while two other jury members were so drunk they even attempted to spike the courts water supply! The chaos led to much amusement.
    The verdict was placed and Amber was found innocent and free to go. It is now rumoured that some among the jury wish to have Amber tried as a witch. The loudest of these voices belongs to Leviathan, another who found Amber guilty before being proven innocent.

[​IMG]

Bears Tavern Brawl! The most looked forward to tournament in any release. 1v1 and 2v2 challanges were placed and took part in the PvP Arena. The entrants in this grand event were placed in a bracket system and the winner was amazingly not Espada! It is believed that Espada did not win this round because he was not in attendance. This is most probably the case, yet this left his place as grand champion open for another to take. You can find the results to the Bears Tavern Brawl here: 1v1 and 2v2

Order of Vengeance also held grand tournaments nightly, on more then one occassion Lord British himself came to witness the matches. A grand time for warrior, noble and civilian alike.

Amber found free of the chains that had binded her, was able to bring forth the most powerful sermon of her lifetime. In the walls of the Church of the Dark Star, Amber took to the podium. Whispers were heard from among the congregation from those whom had to reach deeply inside themselves as they felt the desire to convert rise within them. History says that the High Priestesses of the church from past to present had to perform a test which would be judged in order to complete the ranks to the station of High Priestess. This we later found out was the reason her nerves were on higher alert then would be normal. We have recently gotten word, she has passed.

Last, but most certainly not least as it was the event most looked forward to. Voices from far and wide on both sides of the Lunar Rift called forth for this to be coming. The town criers made it known that on this night, September 27th, 2014. The most anticipated journey any would embark on, was to present itself. The Avatar Chronicles, Episode 1.
    25 voices from across the world, 3 months of gathering voices in sound clips , over 100 hours of puzzle work to put these voices into this grand production and one script. Written by Gabriel Nightshadow, produced by Lord Baldrith and Asclepius, Directed by Sir Stile Teckel and with Promotion and recruitment with Amber Raine. This production is an amazing tale of unlikely heroes in their travels across another New Britannia. This tale... shall be the one for the ages. A definite epic "DO NOT MISS!"
    Avatars Radio will be presenting a new episode of this every week on Saturday at 9pm (more times to be announced to fit in more of the world), even while the "game" is down, you can join us while we curl up next to the hearth fire in the studio irc.ultimacodex.com #AvatarsRadio and listen. Should you miss an episode you can still catch it over at thecaverns.net .
    There was one item that was released to all who could obtain one, a grand piece of work that shows just what the community can do when they are put to task together. Artwork by Bubonic with help from Hutch, coding by Joviex with the first steps taken by Fenyx4, media brought from Avatars Radio. The Wireless Device was born! This device helped bring life to most of the events pre-mentioned in this Week in Review. Whether you were at an event or not, you were able to hear what was happening and where, this shall continue to be the case from this point forward. It is to be noted there are still features that have yet to be implemented that are indeed coded. You will soon be able to have volume controls, mutes, ability to change stations, and several other wonderments.

These are the happenings of Release 10, these are the stories delivered to the desk of the editorial department. If anything was missed, please be sure to let us know at info@AvatarsRadio.com or if you are interested in being a journalist, partaking in the activities of the community and writing a small piece. Please also contact us! We would love to hear from you

Post Release 10

DarkStarr presented two writings to keep us all up to date on what is to be happening over the next couple months until we are presistantly able to go home. You can find his words here for R10 Impressions and Q4 Schedule.
    Key points to note - much more crafting, changes in some skills, steam availability, and with cheering from the crowds - persistence! To the dismay of some, chaos magick is tabled for some time in 2015.
    For those interested in what the virtues and balance have to say you may be interested in watching the R10 Post Mortem, where Chris, DarkStarr, Finn, and Lord British all come together to talk about the wonders that were R10.

The Scholars of Novia Writing Contest which ends today at midnight and Dame Lori's Mirror contest which has already ended - Have been most enjoyable and talked about through out the community. Thank you to both for your wonderful contribution and hard work in keeping the community vibrant with things to do in our "off" time!
    Have you got your submissions in? If not, your time is running out! Good luck to all that have entered!

It is of course once again time for the most anticipated show to come to us at the beginning of the month and right after releases. I am referring to none other then -- Pen of the Avatar!! Stephen Daniele will once again grace us with his presence and his tablet as he brings us another segment of Armor creation! Last month we watched as he made some of the most epic armour with ideas from the community. This month he will continue on that same pattern. This will happen on October 7th noon CST. For those that read this, and watch that live.. remember to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEPHEN as he just celebrated his birthday on the 30th of September.

That is the week in review for this October 4th, 2014. If you have or know of an event or story you feel is news worthy, please be sure to contact us! The more eyes and ears around the community, the more we can be sure everyone is up to date on what is happening! Past and Present!

Thank you Community for believing in us!
    We look forward to having another great week and welcoming in more faces, voices and tracks!​
    Interested in joining the team? Just let us know: info@AvatarsRadio.com
    Pre-recorded sets, Podcasts, or Live DJing - no experience? no worries! we help you learn as you go.​
    If you have interest in just checking things out - one time spots are also always welcome!​
    Now offering guild/organization shout outs and Ads on the radio - Let the Avatars hear about you!​
    Book your party early for R11!​

Added: This was dropped upon my desk right after this as released. Chris made a dev video for R10!

3. Amber Raine

I was also asked to show the results of the Wireless Device. It is with great happiness I do this. This technological wonder, created from so many community members hard work, could not have been what it was nor can it continue to be what it is, without the listeners. It is the listener count I now present. For those interested, these are the numbers from R10, whether using the wireless device or connecting right from the website... Without the listeners, none of this would happen... thank you .. all 100+ of you!

[​IMG]
    (Sept 25th) - 155 listeners, 22 countries

[​IMG]
    (sept 26th) - 170 listeners, 29 countries

[​IMG]
    (sept 27th) - 154 listeners, 24 countries

[​IMG]
    (sept 28th) - 93 listeners, 16 countries

How to read:

Listeners -
    Total Sessions - number of times listeners tuned in
    Unique Listeners - this is different people IP addresses
    Unique Countries - different countries reached

These numbers calculate for an entire 24 hour period and is not all at the same time.

Thank you to everyone!

Vyrin, Sophi, Asclepius and 7 others like this.
  4. Amber Raine

Ever wonder when your favourite is on AvatarsRadio.com ? Are they live during the "Off" release periods? What else might be happening during the "off season" . Check out The Schedule for all the events, times, and when you can hear your "favorites". Interested in.. Huge Thank you to Avatars Circle for a great calendar. Get your groups events listed in the same way! Contact Duke Violation to find out more!

Pre-recorded sets, Podcasts, or Live DJing - no experience? no worries! we help you learn as you go.​

Sophi, Asclepius, Gaelis and 3 others like this.
  5. Amber Raine

[​IMG]

What? no really it is!! Have you seen the Schedule for Avatars Radio? If not... You might want to!! Thursday (Tonight!) 8pm CST - Midnight CST!!

Its a Miracle... its a Dragon... Its a Miracle Dragon !!

Miracle Dragon will be making a one time appearance here on Avatars Radio from 8pm - Midnight Central time.
    Join us in studio irc.ultimacodex.com #AvatarsRadio to poke him repeatedly while we welcome in the newest "Voice of the Avatar"
    Or Tune in and listen while he takes you into your Friday.

Just when you Orderly folk thought all hope was lost.... We saw the light of the Virtues rise....

[​IMG]

We look forward to having another great week and welcoming in more faces, voices and tracks!
    Pre-recorded sets, Podcasts, or Live DJing - no experience? no worries! we help you learn as you go.
    If you have interest in just checking things out - one time spots are also always welcome!
    Now offering guild/organization shout outs and Ads on the radio - Let the Avatars hear about you!
    Book your party early for R11!

Sophi, Myrcello, Bow Vale and 12 others like this.
  6. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Thank you Amber, and everyone who was able to listen to my show!

I had a great time, and hope everyone else did too. Until next time...

^.=.^

Sophi, Amberraine, Myrcello and 10 others like this.
  7. stile

stile Avatar

Sorry I didnt get a chance to help promote this for you Miracle Dragon, but very cool! I hope you do it again and that I get a chance to listen in!

Asclepius, Sophi, Mata and 3 others like this.
  8. Amber Raine

Sir Stile. I am hoping he does it again also, I missed some of it as well since I got very last minute word that he was doing it ~laughs~ Or it would have been much more advertised :)

This was most certainly *not* the way things are normally handled around here, but what is life without a little chaos ;) From what i hear, it was amazing!

Thank you Miracle for what I hear was an amazing set and Royalsexy for being an amazing DJ Manager! You both rock !

9. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

oh drat!! i missed it :(

I'll be sure to be checking the schedule more often from now on!!!

and THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH! for doing AvatarRadio!

10. Amber Raine

THE DAY HAS ARRIVED!!!
    3 months of hard work,
    hundreds of hours of manipulating voices,
    25 great actors and even more back ground crew!
    A must hear of the year! Avatar Chronicles as only the Shroud of the Avatar Community and Gabriel Nightshadow can do!
    Episode 3 - Avatar Chronicles - AvatarsRadio.com -- What will happen to our heroes?
    Tune in and find out! 9pm CST tonight!
    Spread the word, get the popcorn, Curl up next to the hearth and enjoy the journey!

[​IMG]

11. Amber Raine

[​IMG]

Happy Caturday Avatars!

Another great week has come and gone bringing us ever closer to the long awaited persistent server ups and even closer to R11!! This past week has been quite fun filled and exciting. Ranging from Lord British, DarkStarr, and Chris sharing their post R10 thoughts to Stephen Daniele grabbing himself on PotA and #FeelingNuts - yes it happened, I bet Dame Lori has pictures and I most certainly know we the have sound clips! Out of everything that has happened this past week however, I believe my favorite has to be what Indi Martin of Tortoise & Hare Creations has been up to! Let us start with that shall we?

Indi Martin and Captain XJ of Tortoise and Hare Creations are known for their amazing skills and talents in creativity. Avatars Radio had the honour of hosting one of their shows back in May (and look forward to the possibility of hosting others). Well it was with great support and cheers of excitement that Tortoise and Hare Creations have brought forward a new kick starter (which by the way the goal was reached in 6 hours and they have the rest of the month to reach their stretch goals!). GoCache the card game! If you, your children, or just about anyone around you enjoys Geocaching, they are really going to enjoy this! Not only will these great cards bring the excitement of finding items without leaving your table, they can also be doubled as regular playing cards! It is a known fact at least around these parts that everyone is geocaching, and this is just in time for Christmas, at 17$ to receive a deck and $19 to receive a deck and all opened stretch goals how can you resist?! So what are you waiting for Avatars? Go help support a community member and have your Christmas shopping done all in the same click of a button!

As was shared last week we are moving upward and onward having marched past Release 10 heading into the distance we see the light of Release 11. DarkStarr, Lord British, and Chris all took a seat in front of the Community and had questions tossed in their general direction as well as filling us in on what some of their favorite moments were. We even got to hear that persistence is on the horizon and steam testing is a go for Dev+ in R11. Are you Developer level or above yet? You still have time to get your pledge upgraded and take advantage of some of these amazing fun things before everyone else! Head on over to your accounts page and treat yourself to a higher power!

To not be outdone by the other Portalarium team members. Daniele did what he often does and started his Pen of the Avatar off with a great cause! This month he shared with us the creation of some fantastic new armour concepts and introduced us to a new V.I.P. However, what he started his show off with led to some great comments, some amazing screen captures, and even a rocking support commercial! Did you miss the PotA? You definitely do not want to! Not only do you see what I can only imagine may be Dame Lori's next contest but Lum treats us with another song!

- Pen Of the Avatar - Armour Variation II

#FeelingNuts

Lum Sings!

Dame Lori Carnival Contest concluded this past week with an amazing congrats going out to Gaelis! Well done on your award and your great submission - Lady Luck was truly on your side and hopefully she will remain there as we await Dame Lori's next contest!

Speaking of Contests, Scholars of Novia contest has ended and I hear they are working hard on each submission - There is words on the winds that the Grim Sisters will have the tastiest of the texts put upon the table before Release 11. I personally look forward to seeing who earns their rightful place as a published author inside the libraries of New Britannia! I know the judges are going to have a very hard time picking through which one to choose, as they are all very very wonderful, I know, I read them all and was blown away by the amazing talent in our community!

How can we discuss community events without the two biggest community gatherings of the year? First, the community hang out hosted by Duke Violation, where they shall be discussing housing at 6pm central followed shortly there after with everyone turning up their radios and resting next to their hearth fires with a bowl of popcorn as they listen to the ongoing journey of a odd group of heroes in the Avatar Chronicles! Episode 3 to be aired tonight on AvatarsRado.com at 9pm central! If you have missed the first two episodes, they can be heard on The Caverns! A definite do not miss! Just goes to show that the community not only has great musicians, great authors and wonderful artists. We also have some of the best voice actors a group of people from all across the world could put together...... Portalarium -- maybe you should consider using some of them for mini voices for the NPCs.. just a thought -- crowd source the voices - I bet there are many that would volunteer!

We end this week in review with a long awaited once in a lifetime weekend. I am referring to none other then the HoBLotH II!! I need to emphasis this is *not* a Shroud of the Avatar event! This is an Ultima event! Return to the days of Britannia, when Lord British was King and Lord Blackthorn was the rightful man to take his throne. Venture forth Avatars through the moon gate to a land of festivities and countrymen, a land vast and bountiful with a cornucopia of food, drink, and dance! Join the tournaments as knights clash to prove their worth and the children are ... hiding. November 15th - 16th 2014, Join us at HoBLotH II - Come Larp with Us!

We also would like to send out a special thank you and welcome to the team to Miracle Dragon - It is a great honour to have one as talented as yourself within our studio! Your talents not only as a DJ but also your audio editing skills shall be a great addition to our team - A lot of the new liners heard between music tracks are either being created by, or edited by this wonderful Dragon! Thank you --- When the virtues thought all hope was lost ... there shone a light.. its a Miracle! Thank you!

We look forward to having another great week and welcoming in more faces, voices and tracks!
    Pre-recorded sets, Podcasts, or Live DJing - no experience? no worries! we help you learn as you go.
    If you have interest in just checking things out - one time spots are also always welcome!
    Now offering guild/organization shout outs and Ads on the radio - Let the Avatars hear about you!
    Book your party early for R11!

12. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Yes, Miracle Dragon did an outstanding job as DJ :D (Heck, it even caused me to make my first venture into IRC just to say hi :p) Looking forward to the next time he fills in ;)

13. Gabriel Nightshadow

A big thank you to all of the voice actors for their outstanding work on Episode 3 of The Avatar Chronicles I: Return of the Avatar :D
    Be sure to tune in next Saturday night for the final episode o_O

Vyrin, Asclepius, Sir Cabirus and 6 others like this.
  14. stile

stile Avatar

And more surprises to come yet also! :)

Vyrin, Asclepius, Sir Cabirus and 2 others like this.
  15. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

I would like to say thank you too.
    Its an amazing work ....and for me its so nice to listen and be able to read the text at the same time, so I understand much better. :)

16. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

Yes, thank you - I finally got caught up, and it's been good fun to listen to! :)

I would like to ask, what is the music that plays as Asclepius is reading the end credits? It sounds familiar and I presume it's a classical piece, but I can't think what it is and it's really bugging me! ;)

17. Gabriel Nightshadow

It's the classical composition Pavane (1887) by Gabriel Fauré. Asclepius actually selected that piece for the end credits from his personal collection :D

18. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

Thank you, Gabriel - I found and listened to the whole thing. It's very beautiful. :)

19. Amber Raine

More new things coming for Avatars Radio and with that new items. I am presently a bit torn on one of the designs of said items and am looking for opinions. Here I pose to you all.

I am partial to the one on the right, given the aim was a crystal ball type of appearance. However, it was suggested to create one as is seen on the left. ... Now I need help...

Friends - Which one do you think looks best? If one were created into a sticker (or both if you are as indecisive as myself) which would you prefer?

[​IMG]

Gaelis, Net, Asclepius and 1 other person like this.
  20. Gabriel Nightshadow

I prefer the one on the right, too :D Much tighter and easier to read ;)

blaquerogue, Gaelis, Net and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.