Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

“Disable Item Comparison Option: Players now have the option to disable item comparison”

Discussion in 'Release 60 QA Feedback' started by Arkah EMPstrike, Nov 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

[​IMG] Disable Item Comparison Option: Players now have the option to disable item comparison

smack, Elwyn and that_shawn_guy like this.
  2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

3. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Is this the item mouse over popup info window? If so, I would prefer to have it disabled by default. And holding a button to get the item comparison window popup when I want to.

4. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Hmm, it's good to hear this is getting some attention, but not to be a party pooper, this isn't what we asked for. It may be what was easiest to do, but we wanted the ability, maybe to hold the shift key or something to make it pop up or prevent it from popping up.

There are circumstances where the item comparison is useful (weapons purchasing or swapping etc) and circumstances when it's a nuisance, crafting mainly) and ideally you don't want to go into options every time you want it active or inactive to turn it totally on or off.

Feeyo, Jaesun and Rinaldi like this.
  5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

That's why I had pointed out that it was most annoying in the crafting window, where you care more about what items to craft than which one is better to wear. But still, it sounds like a partial improvement.

Feeyo and Steevodeevo like this.
  6. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

For you technical folks: would it be a lot harder to disable it when you press and hold a key, such as shift or control, as opposed to this method of disabling through options? I could guess that it may be trickier and have some unwanted complications.

7. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

I just checked it out on the latest patch.
    You can disable auto-comparison by unselecting the box in Options> Interface.
    When auto-comparison is off, you can temporarily activate the comparison by holding down the ALT key.
    Also, when you hover over the check box, the tool-tip now says this info.

smack, Elwyn, Jaesun and 3 others like this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Control+Alt will compare expanded.

smack, Jaesun, Senash Kasigal and 3 others like this.
  9. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Lovely! Thank you.

10. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I think this change is a slight improvement, but the tooltip of the item you mouse over still pops up and blocks me from seeing other items in inventory. This is a pain when both crafting and when selling to a vendor or trading with a player.

I would have preferred it if the menu option would enable/disable the item tooltip entirely (not JUST the comparison)... and then the ALT button would let you see the tooltip (AND the comparison if you have similar equipped).

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that this helps somewhat. I just think that it would be a much better fix if the option disabled ALL the item tooltips and the ALT key temporarily enabled all the tooltips.

11. Billy Bologna

Billy Bologna Avatar

I just tested this and I have to agree. As everyone else has said, this is a step in the right direction. We're just looking to perfect it. Thanks again for looking into this Portalarium!

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.