Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

1/8 respawn

Discussion in 'Release 37 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Barugon, Dec 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Instead of reducing the number of mobs that respawn to 1/8 in single player, they decided to multiply the time interval by 8; so when they do respawn, they all come back at once. I really dislike this. It has the same problem as before (4 archers spawning behind me while I'm fighting something else and getting shot in the back) but makes me even poorer due to reduced resource nodes.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    niteowl57, amaasing, zyxe and 3 others like this.
  2. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

Unless each character/mob had a difference number attached to it that gets added on to the timer on which is used to respawn it.. so that way it does not respawn at the same time as the others if they are all killed at the same time.

Although a dev could say its part of the action not knowing when those 4 archers are going to be breathing down you neck :)

3. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

1/8 Respawn Rate Experiment has been pulled for review.

Chris:
    "Heads up, we're pulling this change for at least R37 until we can do more review on scene spawning and player counts. Possibly back in R38 if we feel it still makes sense."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.