10% Pledge Bonus Promotion question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Athelstan, Jun 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Athelstan

Athelstan Avatar

Is this caused by a desire for us to upgrade to the tier before the one we really want, wait 10 days after july 5, and then upgrade to the tier we really want?

I guess I am asking what is its intended use, just upgrading again in the future?

(Reminder R6 is live this week again... see you in game!)

Maka likes this.
  2. Maka

Maka Avatar

Greetings. I think it's a way to get people to fully upgrade this month and take advantage of the 10% bonus instead of using a payment plan. Just an example.

Current Lord Pledge $1600
    Lord Marshal Pledge $2200
    Funds Needed For Upgrade = $600
    If you Pledge an addition $546 dollars and at the end of the month they add a free 10% of that (546 * 1.1) = $600.60
    So you've made the upgrade to the next tier with a little help.

Hope that all makes sense. :) Still working on my first cup of coffee.

3. Cabrens

Cabrens Avatar

@ Maka

How do you do practically to add your next pledge minus 10% when you are only offered to upgrade to the next pledge?

4. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

You gift yourself a second pledge and then ask Portalarium to merge them.

5. Cabrens

Cabrens Avatar

Interesting...never thought you could "please" yourself offically in this game....amazing!:oops:

6. herradam

herradam Avatar

You can also make a payment plan in the amount you want and then cancel it after the payment has been made.

Athelstan and Maka like this.
  7. Maka

Maka Avatar

Yeah, I would setup a payment plan for the amount you want and just cancel it after the one installment. Hackzor the system.

enderandrew likes this.
  8. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

The points beg a larger question as to why there is not option to upgrade your pledge one time in any amount... Maybe there's a few dollars in people bumping up their pledge slightly to improve lot selection, especially now with row houses.

NRaas likes this.
  9. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

I'm really not at all fond of the idea of selection brackets within pledge tiers. I feel like I'm stuck in a silent auction here, only every time I want to bid, I have to jump through a bunch of hoops by buying a new pledge and emailing Portalarium to merge them.

There should have been an option to donate arbitrary amounts all along. This is super easy to do. If they put that kind of system in place, this mess of, "Your 10% bonus will be processed ten days after the promotion ends," could be avoided almost entirely by rewarding people who pay in full instantly and automagically. The planned approach for distributing these bonuses is bound to cause problems now that we're dealing with a large community, and we'll have to suffer all the more knowing those problems could have been avoided by someone who knows what they're doing having spent fifteen or twenty minutes integrating a null item with a price that can be set by the user.

Vyrinor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.