1039 barding feedback

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by Tirrag, Jul 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

Had a chance to test out the updates to barding skills. I didn't evaluate the change in power but more the feel of casting. I am not a bard spec and none of my skills are GM on Q/A.

Overall I very much enjoy the cast time updates. The changes make the passive skills very usable and I can see them becoming integral to several build types. In practice the ease of use for these may change the balance. For example, with my melee fighting style I use mending most of all the songs. In casting you have to weigh the consequences of such a long cast vs the rewards of the mend and timing the cast is everything. Songs that land in place like savage sonata and alacrity I mostly avoid since unless you are doing a CP you need to move and the reward isn't necessarily worth the cost. With these updates I will now easily incorporate sonata and alacrity into my decks since even a single stack cast is a significant boost and I can repeat as I move around.

Casting from a dynamic deck feels good as and makes it worthwhile to stick some of these in the dynamic deck stacks. Mending fit right into my healing stacks and sonata/alacrity went right into my buff stacks. I tested dynamic deck stacking and while it worked I did not get a feel if a two-stack was the same as holding a locked for two stacks.

As for the combat songs, I don't see why the combat songs could not be updated this way as well. Less powerful but quicker sing.

While you are looking at barding some other updates that may be good to visit:

1) Please revisit bard aggro generation. Mobs HATE bards with a passion. I can be assisting a fire mage farming zombies. They have been Ring of Fire and Fireballing like crazy. I sing a single song and can pull at least a couple of the zombies. I have rare ring of mouse and am not attacking. Way too much aggro generation.

2) Targeting of atonal seems off. Try landing it on a dragon for example.

3) It would be great to see the area of effect for the songs that stay in place. I would much rather have the song circle stay in place and be big enough to encompass where it actually is vs seeing a circle around myself.

I know there are more recommendations for sure probably out of scope here. Anyways, thank you for the updates. I hope in practice, and with all the different play styles out there, that they help more than they overpower.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    Anpu and majoria70 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.