1054 Damage Resist Feedback

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by Tirrag, Aug 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

Thank you @Chris for damage resist updates into QA and also for getting a more recent account on QA. I had an opportunity this morning to test the DR updates and below is my feedback.

A little preinfo, I am a HA spec (110) tank and have always been focused on defense and DR heavy gear. My current top-end full stack buff (no pots) configuration on production with heavy armor, shield, and polearm has me at 172 resist. I spend a lot of time dragon slaying so used that as a test-bed. On production with max configuration I can survive against the Aether Dragon but cannot solo it (without a pet taking the aggro) because my DPS with a 1H weapon just isn't great enough.

On QA the first thing I noticed is that my top-end has me at 225 resist so a significant boost. I was excited to try my 2H sword dragon deck against the Aether in Southern Grunvald Barrens. I ended up with a red, black, and red to start. The battles seemed normal for me but I did note that I was taking less damage. Though I never really fell below 75% health I still felt like if I wasn't staying on top of my defenses and healing that I would die.

After defeating the black and reds, finally... aether and can only describe the battle as... glorious. The epic battle took 31 mins and I was able to slay it without dying, though I came close many times. My top-end DR with the 2H sword was 209.

I was most excited to use my combat analyzer to view how the Aether performed against me. This is by far where I noticed the most difference. The aether on prod constantly drops 1000+ crits on me giving me no way to keep up on the healing and still put up some kind of offense. The crit rate appears the same, but the high crit on me from all the aether attacks was 521.

Overall the feel was better than what I expected. I was really hoping it wasn't going to be too overpowered as I very much enjoy the battle. I still had fun with the reds and black and the aether battle was simply exhilarating :) I also feel like this will make tanking for parties that much more enjoyable. Lumbering in ahead of the group towards a massive aether dragon, taunting and shouting for its attention and the rest of the party thinking you are absolutely mad... but we are tanks, it's what we do :)

This is a limited view against a limited opponent but I for one say thank you @Chris. I am also interested if this update makes Valiant Warden more useful but haven't tried it yet. Very exciting time to be a tanker. Now... when will this be on prod so I can officially solo an aether (without a pet) :D

UPDATE: looks like its at least partially on prod with today's update (path 1266)! at least my resist #s are up. yay!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  2. Luno

Luno Avatar

Thank you for you feedback

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  3. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

confirmed damage resist updates appear to be on prod, though not in the release notes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.