15% Account Credit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lheiah, Nov 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

I am both enticed and miffed, so I can pretty much see both sides of the issue.

However, the big point that I keep sticking on, is the comparison to Amazon's pre-orders. While not precisely the same thing, this is very similar. And on Amazon or other similar services, if you pre-order, and then there is a change in price, you get the difference in the price credited to your account. I've had it happen more than once.

I think there would be much less upset if it were 15% add-on store credit, instead of to your pledge level, since for the only people that 15% is of any significance, it's probably not significant enough to enable them to go up another tier.

TroubleMagnet, jamco12 and BillRoy like this.
  2. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

I look at it this way.

Even if i did spend 800 Dollars for my pledge level i do not complain that i am confronted now with a 15% Bonus if i pledge.

Because you have to think that it is a additional opportunity to further upgrade to the next higher pledge level with less money!

No one talks about that .
    And that is awsome.

If i would upgrade now to to Lord i would save 115 Dollars!!

Also if they generate good money with the 15% Bonus this means we all benefit at the end from it, because they have more money to create better quality game.

All what delivers more money is a better product for you at the end.

Also i think it is not like Black-Friday and Cyber-Monday never existed before.

smack and Atlaua like this.
  3. Alex_Wildeagle

Alex_Wildeagle Avatar

Question is: I spent $150 to upgrade my account. But looking through my account I see no additional 15%. Where do I go to see that extra 15%?

4. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

You have to wait, the devs are going to create a spreadsheet and figure out who got the bonus when they return from vacation.

5. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

They said somewhere that it will not show up right away

6. Freeman

Freeman Avatar

I'll just point out that durring the kickstarter you could get into a tier for less money than after it. So while they may be getting a bit of a bump up, I suspect it's in line for those of us who jumped on early.

Dame Lori and smack like this.
  7. Alex_Wildeagle

Alex_Wildeagle Avatar

OK, I'll wait then

8. Felinas

Felinas Avatar

Is there anyway to increase pledge by different amounts instead of upgrade that only gives you option to pledge for higher tiers. I would be willing to increase my pledge for next tier, if I could use that 15% "discount".

9. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I honestly missed this sale by about 1 hour and 53 minutes... and can say it left me feeling a bit jipped... I've done a citizen pledge and feel that I got penalized for doing it just to early... I agree that a discount would be better as they have said the higher dollar amount gives you a priority in lot selection... it is a penalty. Either way I'm going to play the game but it just gave me a bad feeling and I doubt that was their goal... I think they intended to get some more income and tried to think of a great way to do it without devaluing the current packages (then everyone would say "HEY WAIT I JUST GOT THAT YESTERDAY AND I HAD TO PAY MORE!!!)... there is no magic fix for this so I figured I wouldn't chime in... since this was here I wanted to mention my standpoint is firmly only concerned about lot placement not anything else... if they find a way to absolve new pledgers of their 15% when they figure the lot placement then I'm happy as can be that someone got a good deal and we got more money fused into the game. Property, both in game and in real life, is all about location.

Edit: I found this game originally almost six months ago but waited to pledge due to funds... waiting another couple days wouldn't have mattered. Figured I'd clarify that point :) Also, founders don't have any quips on placement because they're first in line already.

10. smack

smack Avatar

All good points above. So as the saying goes, no good deed goes unpunished.

scottlee likes this.
  11. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

Ya, this is kind of the first rule of any fundraising. The one thing you cannot do is cheapen things for people who bought in early. This will make anyone gunshy of donating at all. Saving a few $$ on a $10 item is one thing, taking 15% off something worth $500+ just wont get you many supporters.

Unless they say "we've added +15% to all existing pledges and temportarly reduced prices 15%" most people will be unhappy.

12. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

In truth that's all we have here, the vocal minority on both sides of any position.

3devious and Atlaua like this.
  13. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

So...... if I purchased the Knight tier at $800 dollars a few months ago....someone else can pay the exact same price except they now get to pick their lot before me because their pledge is worth $920? That doesn't seem right. GET THE PITCHFORKS!

sakuraba, LoneStranger and BillRoy like this.
  14. Chirp

Chirp Avatar

And because of this, it will be wise to keep some vacation days in spare. Beware of the land rush. I fear the worst.

For the rest - it is always the wrong time you buy. Because the next moment a sale opens, some new model is published, the stock quotes soar or plunge, you name it. We all got (will get) what we wanted when we decided to send out the gold. Yes, the timing, handling and mostly the communications of Portalarium need some fine tuning, I agree. But else ...

I upgraded about ten days ago. Sure I am biting my a.. now. So what?

Felinas and Atlaua like this.
  15. ArcanumVeritas

ArcanumVeritas Avatar

I took the plunge and upgraded to Dev ... without the additional incentive of 15% I would still be sitting on the fence, like I have been since August.

That is the purpose of sales ... to drag the undecided off the fence, capture the impulse buy.

People who pay full price (like I did with my other half) do so because they want what they are paying for ...

Downside of sales is "do people now hold out waiting for the next one?"

licemeat likes this.
  16. TroubleMagnet

TroubleMagnet Avatar

I too am not thrilled about how they are doing this. We're pretty much pre-ordering here so when the price drops and I can't get in at the lower price it seems like I'm getting cheated. For example if you bought the 5 story basement before you spent $37 on it. Now you can get it for $30. If I could sell mine back for store credit and then re-buy it at the new price so I'd end up with $7 of store credit to spend on something else it would be a lot better. I guess I'm spoiled by the Star Citizen site where you can 'melt' your pledge items down for credit and apply them new items if you want.

The 15% bonus cash is a really odd idea to me since you'll be getting it too late to spend on the on-sale add-on items. I guess that kind of prevents people from double dipping on the discount.

I'm also worried that people who upgrade to the same level I'm at will get plot picking priority over me as well due to the bonus.

Hopefully they can clarify and/or fix these issues before the sale ends.

ziboo, jamco12, LoneStranger and 2 others like this.
  17. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

Another question: If you buy a gift pledge for someone else, do you recieve the additional 15% pledge bonus, or does the person you gifted it to?

derek6665 (Baldrith) and BillRoy like this.
  18. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

If they dont buy the next pledge tier they have gained nothing, its a discount off upgrading so if they dont upgrade they stay at the last Tier price.
    This discount may apply to everyone once they update the system, but you will only get a 15% discount on your next pledge Tier if you buy it..

jamco12 likes this.
  19. Brighton Rock

Brighton Rock Avatar

For all new pledges or pledge upgrades that you purchase for yourself, or as a gift, between 12:00 am CST November 27 and 12:00 am CST December 3, we will add an additional 15% bonus to your pledge account.

if you want to test it, I'm willing to accept gifts for a limited time... ;)

20. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

They have stated that dollar amount is important for your plot selection. For example, $505 has priority over $500. So yes, this will be a problem as licemeat said above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.