1st Soldier's Memorial Ball at PaxLair 5/23/15

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Kit Kimberlin, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kit Kimberlin

Kit Kimberlin Avatar

Pics ! Had a great time. Thank you Bowen Bloodgood for a great event. Thanks Amber Raine and Avatars Radio for the awesome tunes!

[​IMG]
    Think Kazyn started drinking early. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Ok before I get started I think I need to explain conga line.. :)

During the first event, Ravicus was the first to "do the zombie".. and as fate would have it the very next song to play on Avatar's Radio just happened to be Thriller! (Did he know something?) I found it to be a most humorous coincidence which I just happened to.. uh.. mention to Amber during the encore event. ;) Ravicus! What have you started!???? ;)

I wanted to send out a huge THANK YOU! To everyone. I obviously wanted to have a good event but this by far exceeded my expectations and I couldn't be happier. So in no particular order..

First, to Winfield and PaxLair. To have a castle ball was initially Winfield's idea and of course it was held in his basement. Themo Lock helped out a great deal by getting some getting a lot of the décor together.

To the very generous people in the community who donated pavers for the dance floor! Again in no particular order.. Lord Stein, Wizardess, Asclepius and Night Fury! The décor was a huge part of setting the mood and the dance floor was a major part of that. I had forgotten those pavers were add-on store only when I came up with the idea for the floor but you guys just started to up and offer pavers. 121 total pavers were used to make that floor and those pavers are not cheap! You're a big reason the event was a success!

To Amber and Avatar's Radio. I don't know what to say that I haven't already. I'm blown away. Everyone really enjoyed the music at both events and Amber really plugged herself in and took it over the top.

To the folks at NBNN, AetherVision and Rize Up Gaming. You guys came and did your thing for the encore event. That made me really happy that you covered my event. To the folks at Rize Up, I wasn't really sure what to think at first about another group plugging their charity but now I'm inspired to plan more events to make that possible. You're welcome to my events any time. :)

To everyone who came. You came ready to party! And most of you even dressed up for it before you arrived. Some of you even came to both events for 3 hours of dancing. I wasn't sure how much fun you'd be able to have with just 3 dance emotes for 3 hours but you sure showed me! :) You guys were awesome!

I think it's safe to say.. that as my first large public event, this will easily go down as one of my all time favorite memorable gaming moments. I'm really looking forward to planning more events on a regular basis, even more so now.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I'm so happy you had a wonderful event. Love the pictures. **cheers**

Kit Kimberlin, Gaelis and Asclepius like this.
  5. Kit Kimberlin

Kit Kimberlin Avatar

Thanks again Bowen ! I can't wait for more RP events to attend or take part in.

Asclepius and Bowen Bloodgood like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.