Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

2 handed bludgeons are so worthless now

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Ingot Knucklesmith, Oct 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ingot Knucklesmith

Ingot Knucklesmith Avatar

I know this post has been beat to death, and I'm sure I could scroll through the next 3 pages of the forums (since R34 release) and see people complaining..... but damn, I'm half tempted to use a un-learning book on my Bludgeons (700+ points) just to start a new combat type.

I'm not freaking out and quitting the game and selling my account, but it's just frustrating. I'm half the character I was a week ago.

Tydes, Mitara and Jivalax Azon like this.
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

an actual explanation as to what has changed for you would better serve your and the game needs?

3. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

Time to add to R33 - R34 - R35
    KNOW ISSUES:
    Bludgeon is not working as you would like

(Attenwood, please! fix radius of GROUND POUND!)

Tydes and Fister Magee like this.
  4. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

I must say, I have not tried bludgeon and I have never met anyone that has, so its hard to know just how does bludgeon not work?

5. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I love my 2h bludgeon, and don't have much trouble with it.. explain your issue? Things were adjusted lately that may affect your crit and damage, plus some areas got buffs... so whats wrong? :)

majoria70 and NRaas like this.
  6. tacosmell

tacosmell Avatar

only thing I have is I miss a lot and my stats r high enough I shouldn't miss other then that I love it

7. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

I use a one-handed hammer on one of my builds.

Interested to know what you perceive to be amiss, since it may impact me as well. :)

8. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Bludgeon has higher base damage than blades. It also has a significantly higher strength bonus to your damage than blades gets. Blades on the other hand relies a lot more on crits for it's damage. Overall, blades are better for dps right now. Bludgeon in turn gets more utility with stuns and debuffs to your opponent's damage resistance or weapon damage.

But right now, all melee weapons and archery are kind of broken with the huge nerf to crits and hit chance in R34. Many melee and archer players have been switching to mage classes at least until they fix this issue.

Also, to clarify, I don't actually use bludgeon or blades. I'm just going off of the info I've gathered from my brother who leveled up both blades and bludgeon to about the same levels.

9. tacosmell

tacosmell Avatar

I use a 2h mace and it goes miss miss miss hit hit miss miss miss hit hit and so on and my buddys say they hardly ever miss with polearms and swords theres times I will miss 5 times before I hit

10. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Hmmm... I might have to start training swords, just to see if this really is a problem.. I still don't feel it is, but maybe......... I wanted swords anyway, someday.. just not this soon. :)

11. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Is this auto-attacks or active skills? I get a lot of whiffs with my sword auto-attacks...

12. tacosmell

tacosmell Avatar

I'm staying bludgeon kinda wondering if anyone else having the same problem

13. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Auto-attack has never hit well for me.. but I started bludgeon about a month ago - well before any sort of patch discussed here. Manual attack seems to miss a lot more that I remember with other releases (I have not tried other melee weapons since persistence).. skills are fine though.

14. tacosmell

tacosmell Avatar

skills and auto

15. tacosmell

tacosmell Avatar

well I should say more auto then skill but sometimes gets so bad fighting that they beat me down before I can them lol

16. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

Quite the opposite. Blades had and have higher base damage but bludgeon had higher STR bonus. The bonus from STR is now the same for both if the tooltips are to be believed and the base damage on blunt is lower.

17. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

The base damage on Bludgeon is higher because of the Berserk skill. It adds +X% weapon damage. The strength bonus for bludgeon is higher because of the innate skill in the bludgeon tree that increases weapon strength bonus by quite a bit. I wasn't just talking about the weapon itself if that's how you took what I said. I was comparing the difference of the two trees plus the weapon.

18. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

I did take your meaning to be the base damage and was leaving the trees out of it because they have very different goals. One with multi attacks & dots, the other with stuns & debuffs. Suppose I'm wondering why the one that was already on the low side of the damage got balanced downward.

19. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

the GROUND POUND skill of bludgeon has not RADIUS... ( on skill icon it's 7 for me.. and 24/77 HP) . .but if i hit the ground .. i dont' kill chicken / pigs /cows / horses near me... NO ONE..
    i've removed the BEST HIT i can do with bludgeon from my deck 2 months ago...
    after losing a lot of pool for IT...

Fister Magee likes this.
  20. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

And still you are using a mace... I admire your stamina :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.