2 issues that need addressing.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mac2, Jul 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

I understand. It is always difficult to relate certain facts. A fight would have to be evaluated in terms of duration and number of opponents.
    But that can not be reconstructed. For this reason, a connection with the number of opponents is not a good solution.
    To make it more realistic, a % rate of 0.X per landed hit would have to be calculated - depending on the strength of the opponent.

A weapon or armor will wear off continuously during use. And the harder someone hits my armor or shield, the greater the wear ...

Back to your example:
    I wouldn't calculate the amount of enemies, but the amount of hits depending on used weapons and strength of each enemy.

So for example: (Base Durability loss) 0.01 + Weapon hit factor (0.0X) + Strength factor (0.0X) x Amount of hits (equal if 20 hit 100 times, or 10 hit 100 times).

So a Troll hit could be harder (because of Str. factor) as a hit from a Skeleton using a 2-H-Sword ... and so the Durability loss would raise.

Different enemy types (Spiders, Slimes, ... ) could have different effects on armor. Acidly effect from slime, for example ...

This would make the choice of armor /weapon depending on enemies an important decision to avoid armor / weapon damage.

2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

LMAO, ask sara about his first meetings with corpus :) .

Girlsname likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

That's a lot of complexity for something that I percieve as providing no benefit.

4. D'Weasel

D'Weasel Avatar

We can take all the risk out of the game until it turns into Sims with Swords. However, the major group of players hurt by decay on death are the AFK macroers. If you are having a lot of crashes: you should uninstall, scan the disk for errors, and then reinstall. There are whole pages set up on how to help do drivers and the like. I think this is a tempest in a teapot.

5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

There are other ways you can hurt them with decay that would not hurt legit players who lost power, lost net, or just dced and cannot get back on. As well, the macroer if they die and do not get rezzed, go to the place they came in the zone at. Most times there is no enemies to kill there and if there is, they will probably kill them with their macro. As well, macroers do not give a crap about things like this as they did not have to work for any of it anyways, the computer did all the work for them.

Punishing your legit players for something beyond their control so that you can punish macroers ( that might not punish them anyways cuz they probably dont go to places they will die at) its not a good way to go about it. What should happen to the macroers is they should be banned and deleted, end of story.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  6. D'Weasel

D'Weasel Avatar

I said that macroers were the most affected. If you are stuck in game, and you don't disconnect, you can get killed over and over again. The same thing happens when you walk away from your computer. However, when you disconnect or crash, you can only die once and that's not that big of a deal.

7. oplek

oplek Avatar

Uh.... did macroing become okay at some point? Otherwise, do we care whether they earn consequences from macroing?

Fenrus MacRath likes this.
  8. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

Correct, most of us have Discord or some such program. Silencing us in game doesnt seem to have a point

Girlsname and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

One of those failed immersion things that turned out to be the opposite of immersive.

I think whoever was campaigning for immersion back in the day didn't actually understand the word.

Girlsname and Fenrus MacRath like this.
  10. D'Weasel

D'Weasel Avatar

Unless immersion involves a bucket of water. :)

11. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

I believe the durability loss was to close a loop-hole in the resurrection mechanics where a player can BYPASS the ress decay and the timer. If they removed the durability loss, players would just need to zone out and back to get ressed full health and never receive a death penalty. It would make death even more utterly meaningless to an even worse point than it is now (since no exp loss on death now). Although I fully agree with you that it should be changed for those specific situations, if possible, but how?

Mac2 likes this.
  12. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Like I said before, macroers dont usually go to places they die at so they are not really the most effected. As well, they dont die over and over again, if you die and dont get rezzed, you go to the point you logged in the zone at and most times thats a safe place, and if its not, the macro will probably just keep going and kill those mobs keeping them safe. Now you say if I die only once thats not that big of a deal then you do not understand what is happening. I have disconnected, died and hung in game 9 times now blowing 45 durability off all my gear. I now do not wear my good gear cuz I dont feel like turning a few mil coin worth of gear into trash because of something that is beyond my control. If you really want to punish macroers, you ban and delete them as they are breaking the TOS.

13. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Make it so if you leave the zone while dead that is when it gives you the gear decay?

FrostII and OzzyOsbourne like this.
  14. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

Lets be honest, most AFK boys *cough* are using eternal gear so they don’t need to worry about durability loss.

Vaiden Luro and Mac2 like this.
  15. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Yea dunno why they added the gear decay when running out of time to ress...

Mac2 likes this.
  16. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Maybe we can do something similar to what Apex Legends did. Force Macroers into an instance when they join a scene and turn them all to PVP. Give them the ability to fight each other and do our job for us :D

Here is the article I read recently. I love the idea.

Vaiden Luro and Jaesun like this.
  17. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Or you can just ban them and delete the account, problem solved.

18. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

Maybe you could explain it to Richard then

19. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I'm all for it. Cept, is that what we're doing?

The discussion suggests it's not happening. Or happening enough.

I figure this alternative at least puts them all in equal footing and isolates them from those playing by the rules.

Mac2 likes this.
  20. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I dont know if anyone is doing it for adventuring exp. The people on top of the pve leaderboards are about the same numbers I am pulling and I am not botting. As for crafting, I dont know how we could tell if they were or not.

If it is happening, then it is not detectable. To do something like your suggesting would require it to be detectable, and if we could detect it, I think it would just be easier to just ban and delete them instead of even putting any effort into making some code and stuff to flag them and put them into multiplayer mode.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    Jaesun and Alley Oop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.