2 new skill for Consumables

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elrond, Jul 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

The reason I heard about was one about choice. Since you could cast all 3, you had to train all three and use all three to be "competitive", meanwhile by making then mutually exclusive, you needed to make a choice, do you want Str, Dex or Int? Same thing here, do you want potions that last 30 minutes for +15 stat points or (and this one is THE joke) potions that last 15 minutes but give, wait for it, +18 STAT POINTS, HOLY ****!...

Yeah, honestly, feels like they just fumbled onto this skill by accident but never even considered thinking about it for more than 30 seconds...

Barugon likes this.
  2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yeah it is just a bit baffling, in both cases. They want "chocies that matter" but these choices are of little consequence and people will always simply 'optimize'.
    I can't see anyone taking duration over potency unless they add some reallly, REALLY good short duration foods to the mix that actually end up being better.
    Its not really much of a choice. Neither are the buffs, 1 stat effects your damage output that's the one you buff. And having to level two more skills to be competitive is a cop out, too, considering how many skills there are, the relative costs of levelling them once you get into the 140+ range, and the fact that here we are adding bs "food consumption" skills clearly tells me that we have no problem requiring players to level more skills to be competitive lol.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

They only last 10 minutes.

4. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

We seems to have missed a great opportunity to enhance the crafting skills...

Why giving to everyone the choice between `duration` or `power` when you can add these 2 skills on Alchemy tree ? haaa yea... it's easier to add a duration/power modifier on player stats than duplicate the amount of potion per 20-ish.. increasing the database, etc etc
    I'm truly disapointed to see everything that players wants is always pushed to the effortless & simpliest way instead producing quality..

See how the skills that increasing the consumable duration or power should look great in the alchemy tree
    [​IMG]

Same thing can be done with Cooking which is currently look like this (in case you guys forgot)
    [​IMG]
    *cricket cricket*

Do things correctly instead just doing... things

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'm so disappointed with these new skills. I guess having both would just be game-breaking, right? Everyone will take the power increase skill, potions will still only last 10 minutes and they'll get just as much use as they always have, which is not much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.