1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

2-Week Double XP Launch Spree!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gregg247

Gregg247 Avatar

I really appreciate the Double XP event, and definitely took advantage of it to move several of my characters forward in the game. However, I'm kind of glad that its come to an end (for now). I fell into the thought process of "I need to be grinding grinding grinding or else I'm wasting this great opportunity! Grind Grind Grind!" I spent so much time fighting bears in Ulfheim I think I could do it in my sleep. If I wasn't grinding, I'd feel guilty. If I was grinding, I usually ended the evening with a dull headache and a sore neck -- from too much grinding! LOL

I'm looking forward to doing some crafting, wandering the map a little, looking at people's deco on their houses, trying out new builds in Offline Mode, and just hanging around my town. Double XP is life in the fast lane, and now I'm ready to pull off into a Rest Stop for a bit.

2. Alrik Doom

Alrik Doom Avatar

Reading this brought reminders of Power Hour back in UO!

Gorthyn and Kaffien like this.
  3. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Are you sure? I mean too late now, but I did notice a big drop past midnight CST time when I was playing last night. It was good fun while it lasted and really did a good job encouraging groups.

4. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Thank you for the wonderful experience opportunity!

We welcome them for the future!

@DarkStarr @Berek - someone can take down the MOTD about the Double XP event, please? :)

CatherineRose likes this.
  5. eli

eli Avatar

well, much like death giving life more meaning than birth, it was technically the end of double-XP that encouraged you to grind-grind-grind. double-XP on its own would result in you grinding less to achieve the same results. Or achieving the same results you presently get from grinding by doing fun or social content.

But we can do better than just doubling it. Consider for instance, the rate could slowly increase over time, leading to diminished reward for grinding. It could even be a different ramp for each avatar, possibly impacted by playstyles to even further reduce the reward for grinding. I don't think the cap has reduced the appeal of grinding in the slightest. If anything, i think it may have done it service by making it less monotonous and setting a standard, effectively capping how hard you want to push things.

6. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

But doubling crap is still crap! lolol

Echondas likes this.
  7. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This was taken down earlier this morning. Where are you still seeing a message about the Double XP?

8. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

It was still showing at 6:30 PM Central as of last evening upon game login (and it was said to have expired the 11th at 10:30 AM Central yesterday).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.