Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

200 gold per day in taxes?

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Scraps MacMutt, Jan 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Is that like the AHA moment when you see Solon's figure in the US House of representatives ? :p

Moonshadow likes this.
  2. amaasing

amaasing Avatar

Or that's is Okay just because you can take an hour off from your meaningful playing time (when you might only have an hour to play) to go out and grind to make enough gold to pay the taxes.

3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

That is a self-defeating way to think of it. If you go out and grind for XP (which most people will do), the loot that naturally results should be (needs to be!) more than enough for upkeep on a Row or Village lot. Also, you can (should be able to) get more money for that loot by selling to other players than by selling to NPCs, especially if NPCs get a system where they decide "I'm getting too many rusty swords, I'm paying you less".

Port has said all along that they don't intend for an average player to keep up with taxes for a Town or City lot, and that they are meant for groups of people (guild, etc.) to share. So stop fixating on 200 and 400, you should be thinking about 50 and 100.

4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I tested my village lot ( taxable) and the upkeep of 100gp a day was not bad. I spent maybe 10-15 minutes and made 200gp by doing the mail run between ardoris, soltown, and solaina

5. Selene

Selene Avatar

Honestly, I think the taxes are very reasonable. Even with raising skills and repair costs, I have made more than enough gold since the wipe last week to pay the taxes on a row lot for the whole year. (before anyone asks, that was without any exploits or money from quests which are one time deals). This system is in place not only to act as a gold sink but to help keep lots in NPC towns owned by active players.

6. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I think there is room to argue that PoTs should have different taxing rates/rules, but I also think that this is not urgent and can wait a few months for the economy to stabilize first.

7. amaasing

amaasing Avatar

Wow! That's a strange thing to say to someone. If Port's plan was to only allow Town and City lots to go to Guilds and/or POTs, then they shouldn't sale them to anyone else. And I'm not sure I agree with you that these larger lots are meant to only be owned by Guilds / POTs. Anything in the Add On Store is for anyone to purchase.

There are quite a few of us who do not own a POT but live in one and want to contribute to that POT in many different ways, including owning a large lot for use for the POT. And there are quite a few who just wanted a larger lot and decided a good way of obtaining one would be to purchase via the Add On Store where the money could be put to good use by Port rather than purchasing via gold in game where that money does not go toward game development.

And 'self-defeating?' I think not. I am simply noting that many players have purchased large lots (rather you think they should have or not) with real money and are very disappointed that the lot taxes are too high. Will I be able to afford the lot taxes on the multiple lots I bought via the Add On Store? Yes. But this is not about me or you. I am simply stating that the OP is correct that the Lot Taxes are too high.

Scraps MacMutt likes this.
  8. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Solution.

Melt your add on lot and buy a pledge tax free lot. Hurry before pledges expire.

Ice Queen likes this.
  9. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I just want to say that there is a reason the store lots are cheaper - they have taxes. If a few hours of play (gaining experience and raising skills at the same time) pays all your taxes for the month, then that is pretty reasonable. If a village lot cost 120-165 in the store (price changed at various times) and a citizen cost $500-550, and the meat of a pledge being it's tax-free deed, one would hope that the taxes are if not a burden, at least something that adds up over time, otherwise marketing tax-free deeds to the kickstarter crowd that launched the game would be meaningless.

They did say that one deed would be easy to maintain with regular gameplay, two deeds might require someone who is playing more often and 3 or more deeds will start to take dedicated playing just to pay rent.

They're supposed to be one of the largest gold sinks in the game.

Right now the taxes can be paid in a few hours of play with a barely started character. One assumes that at higher levels your gold income may be higher. I understand why people who paid a lot of money in the store for a lot would like taxes to be low, but there is a reason why you could buy 3 city lots in the store for less than a Baron pledge.

I'm not advocating higher taxes here, just think people need to recall that taxes exist and that getting a tax-free lot is 2-3 times more expensive pre-launch than a taxed deed, if it took only 30 minutes worth of gold per month to pay the tax it may as well not even be there.

Players will need to play the game and provie feedback on the taxes of course. Perhaps players with tax-free deeds can find out how much gold they accumulate and see how much of that would have gone to taxes (for testing purposes as well) and provide feedback.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    Senash Kasigal, Retlaw, Womby and 8 others like this.
  10. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

I have 2 tax free deeds and 4 taxable deeds at 1200 gold a day and im not concerned about earning enough to pay it.

I'd actually like to see half the taxes go back to a town escrow where the PoT owner can use it to purchase nonredeemable virtual lot deeds attached permanently to that PoT only for use as community service lots. Public Crafting centers, public housing, theaters, player auction houses, parks, cemetaries, pubs, etc etc etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.