Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

2016 Yule Stocking

Discussion in 'Release 49 Feedback Forum' started by aseltine, Dec 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aseltine

aseltine Avatar

So I just went to make some stockings and see the crafting pattern has changed and now requires a 2016 yule symbol.

Why?

1) This is not the pattern I bought, changing what it takes to make it seems wrong
    2) Making it impossible to craft makes it pointless to leave in my crafting book.

This seems like a particularly lame brained exercise in screwing with the backers and those who have actually stuck with things for the last two years.

Elwyn likes this.
  2. aseltine

aseltine Avatar

Same goes for the gift box.

3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Can you check to see if those yule symbols are for sale on crafting vendors or the Central Brittany deco merchant? This is still pretty screwy to change with no warning.

Admittedly, without the "symbol" thing like signs have, they would have to come up with a slightly different recipe every time they made a new one, and things would quickly get out of hand. I suppose they could use dye combinations, but that would still reach a point where things got completely silly.

When did you last use the recipe? If it hasn't been since before this release, that's probably exactly what happened.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    Alley Oop likes this.
  4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

It looks like they added it to make the recipe more formulaic for each year.

5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Yep, crafting supplies merchant, 50g each. Otherwise the recipe system would require them to make every year's recipe slightly different in arbitrary ways. This lets them make it different in a non-arbitrary way.

Spoon, Mishikal and Drake Aedus like this.
  6. Rat2

Rat2 Avatar

Maybe the vendors will have a discount sale after the season's over. ;)

7. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

So long as I'll still be able to purchase the symbols as desired. It'd suck to want a variety of boxes but be limited to making this year's only. Or to need a box in the mid of summer and not have symbols. I would have done one recipe for them and did patterns like they do the Wooden Chests.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.