216 catapults!!! 8+ MILLION crafting experience NERFED?

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by xadoor, Feb 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Not if you used this to get 8 mill exp and it only take 80 carp to craft a Catapult ;)

Jaesun likes this.
  2. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

I'm reading a lot in this forum but I'm not even close of reading everything and never recognized this game mechanic failure myself or read about it. I guess simply because I do not search ways to outsmart the game or want to be educated how I have to play the game. I simply never expected that one recipe could grant multiple times the first time usage boosts by changing the mats and thought just if they split the recipe (like with coil of wire or the spool of thread) you could get multiple times that exp.
    I honestly expect to be in a disadvantage position by playing the game like I do but reading "disclosure"-posts like this are to tell the truth more or less a slap in my face with the comment "Ha Ha...loser" as it open shows that my disadvantage is not that minor and simply playing the game is wrong from the start. Out of my perspective the by the OP showed way of using the recipes is a bug of the general game mechanic and I guess if someone would have posted that earlier visible to the devs in the bug forum and not in "guides" the devs most likely do not read this would have been fixed since a long time.
    Even if I would classify this as a bug and everyone who knowingly used it as an exploiter I guess there is no reasonable possibility to punish them for doing so as that would mean to e.g. ban at least 1/3 of the active avatars.
    Either the devs have to rework the mechanic to not granting multiple times recipe exp by simply changing materials or they have to create multiple recipes for all the variants to make that possibility a supported option of getting multiple times exp just as they did with other recipes. In the context of the availability of the bug I would prefer the first option if they cannot backtrace the past usages and the second option if they can.

Duke Olahorand likes this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

yeppers

the real point is, it was posted sure and NOT thought as a bug but has been out there, Devs do read all over and I see them in other places and this was NOT news.

So yeah like you said, feel like an idiot, I do I knowe about it yet did not grind it because I figured I could do it like I was, when I needed a good boost to producer exp I made few types of catapults.

YOU CANNOT CREATE A MECHANIC, THAT HAS A KNOWN FLAW, THEN LATER ON GO WHHHAITT, WHAAAA, AND "FIX" IT. THAT IS B . S .

Duke Olahorand likes this.
  4. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Oh, I thought you meant the "Tabletop Catapult". I diddnt know we could make actual catapults?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.