230 Dots "POTs"

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Razimus, Sep 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

I'll defer to your anecdotal experience, but the Devs had to come up with a design plan and execution they found acceptable to their overall goal. And secondly, the sheer number of players who have purchased towns is not represented by the few at the LOTM meeting who suggested the idea, which means it was a good enough idea to stand on it's own, regardless of who suggested it. I still think too much credit is being given to player influence.

Duchess Wyldemane likes this.
  2. Verit

Verit Avatar

This should be a sticky.

Razimus and Solstar like this.
  3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Diedrich and Razimus like this.
  4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

The drama is strong in this one.
    And from day to day I am getting more tired of this stuff.
    But ok TEK, the topic is derailed anyway. So what's your problem with PoTs and/or their owners?

5. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

POT owners don't think it will add to the game, they insist that we accept it will.
    In a Community why would 230+ out of 60000 Backers demand we accept it because it adds to their little game, it seems a bit like gang Culture but the Dollar instead of the gun are making the rules.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    rune_74 likes this.
  6. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

To be clear, as you mentioned, the reason the story is held back is to keep it from being leaked and "spoiled". The story line in game, however, still needs just as much testing as anything else. If the story line were to need less testing it would only be because the decision would be made to keep it simple. Event triggers and dialogue trees can get quite complex.

Sadly too, the story line probably won't get a lot of testing considering the size of the team. Nothing against the team, it's just the reality of being small. I'm setting my expectations lower in this area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.