Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

25,000 arrows and 50 Ranged Combat

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by Waxillium, Sep 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Etheom, helm, KuBaTRiZeS and 5 others like this.
  2. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

@Kvow Thank you for your dedication in proving this for everyone. :D It was certainly very interesting watching your results.

Tyde and Kvow like this.
  3. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

It's hard to know what I proved. It's not that I don't want it to be somewhat difficult to become a GM. If it's too easy it would not hold much value.

I think my concern is the obvious need for a polish release that has not happened in a long while. Lots of polish seems needed and it's been building for a number of releases.

Chatele likes this.
  4. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

You've proven that archers are extremely expensive and certainly not something you want to start off as with your first character - at present. If you only have one character slot, you'd need a bit of help to get anywhere.

Chatele and Kvow like this.
  5. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

I sold about 15k in items from R20 to get going.
    Technically you could start out and just be a gatherer I guess?
    And die non-stop trying to get mats to make arrows?
    Seems less fun!!

A new person starting out and wanting to be 1 of the 3 combatants (archer, melee, mage). Not a chance. Apparently it's a systemic problem tho. I have read Choas Witch's post on magery.

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

You can train archery and Magery W/O any regs or arrows :-(

It is really sad everyone just beating up the system, especially since it really isn't implemented players are working off Point that had from R20.

All this complaining is very pointless since once you have 0 points you wont be able ot just grind out skills like this therefore you will HAVE to spread out skills, and resources with much more in depth planning and thought.

I even complained about grinding to make 100s of ingots but in the real run will NOT even be close to possible unless I have my whole guild just Gather.

This game is turning out to be a very well planned game that FORCES players to PLAY with intelligence, and forethought to achieve a goal. AWSOME

7. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

You're a broken record dude and you say things without evidence. Don't start trolling my threads.

8. Spartacus2

Spartacus2 Avatar

Hey everyone lets relax. I have a thread for people to talk about things that make the game upsetting and I tell people not to get into fights like this. I keep hearing the programmers are being swamped with extra work. I am not sure how the funds are being spent on development but it seems to be expensive and everyone making it happen are working on X times 3 things at once plus trying to run their own lives in the real world. This game is about talking and sharing ones experience and cooperating with each other. Weins201 I have seen you jump on peoples cases a lot. I just want to point that out to you. Its something to think about. I am not sure if Kvow put alot of money into the game but it sounds like he is putting a lot of time into it and things get frustrating when either one of those are concerned so let him have his space on here to share his thoughts. I have posted a few times about magery myself and I felt jaded after the new skills wipe. I saw how easy any melee skill is to raise. You can just attack something and walk away from the screen to build up general melee skills and related innate skills. As for a mage you have to stay there and click away to raise anything at all concerning magery.. **Grind**
    So for an archer who usually use arrows (im not sure if you can raise it without arrows anymore granted i never tried archery)
    its even more perplexing to have to buy arrows or try and kill things and find things to make them yourself while trying to raise the skill itself. The developers said we can make comments here and they will listen. That is what people are doing so EVERYONE please stop being critical of people being critical. Stand back take a breath and look at it from a different perspective. That goes to everyone. I did exactly that and I am now playing my mage different although be it not the way I played before that is for sure.

Chatele, Tyde and Roper Docholiday like this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I don't know what game you're playing but SotA is more of a grind now than R20 was. I know everyone has been drinking the use based Koolaid but take a moment to really look at the game.

Tyde and ottomaddux like this.
  10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Sorry you don't like my point of view but I also have trained archery , I understand your point of view but is is totally out oa whack since you are using points from R20. And you Can train those skills w/o Arrows. I am not trolling I am countering your statements with FACTS.

11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Did not say it wasn't a grind I am stating that the points made are NOT valid as you can train w/o arrows and in R23, when you wont have all those points sitting in a pool the experience, all the neigh Sayers are spouting off about will have a totally different complaint as they will NOT be able to just grind out 20 levels in a skill willy nilly.

And looking at the Game , well I do not just look at it I understand it and PLAY it ALOT and test out ALOT of stuff.

12. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

The fact remains that training archery - properly - requires a heck of a lot of arrows.

Good work here, Kvow. It is good data that I hope the dev team is watching.

4EverLost, Chatele, Tyde and 2 others like this.
  13. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

he made his point, I have shown it to not be valid - sory he didn't like it and sorry that there are ALOT of people out there complaining about what how they THINK the game is soo screwed up but they do NOT comprehend that they are working with data that will NOT exist after R23 and everyone starts off from ground Zero.

There are NEW players out there realizing what is actually going on and they understand and are seeing how it is / will work .

All this grinding out skills will NOT happen. as a result everyone complaining about it really has NO ground to stand on.

I did not say that it isn't a grind to train archery and yeah if you bought the arrows to train it it is going to be counter productive, but in the end you will NOT have the points to spend there so it will all balance out in the end.

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Right, everyone but you is way too stupid to comprehend how the game works. ;)

Tyde and Kvow like this.
  15. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

If you don't understand it you are not Stupid -- I did not say that. but don't complain about something that is not really there. If oyu think this grinding to gain skills will be there in R23 you are Wrong.

Yes you will have to "Grind" but it will be Quests at first - then Rabbits, Then Young Stags, on and on. There will not be one player just standing there training on a Gust Ball. If they try it they might swing but no skills will be gained.

Same goes for any other skill - Until you earn the points thru questing and or adventuring you will not have points to use. And if you Quest and then go to a Gust ball all those points will go FAST.

16. ottomaddux

ottomaddux Avatar

Actually you are completely wrong. I didn't play release 20 so I have no xp poll and it makes it more of a grind to get anywhere. The exp pool makes leveling skills QUICKER. I have to build the exp and then level the skills, it has been a very slow, boring grind. And now with the extra layer of durability grind it is getting even worse.

4EverLost, Chatele and Tyde like this.
  17. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

The fact STILL remains that training archery - properly - requires a heck of a lot of arrows.

4EverLost, Chatele and ottomaddux like this.
  18. ottomaddux

ottomaddux Avatar

true true

Chatele likes this.
  19. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Awesome, I know exactly what you are going thru and look I did say It will still be a "Grind" just not 25 K arrows just sitting there kind of Grind. I am sorry you think it Boring. We have stated in many places that this will happen and that is where the balancing needs to go.

I am in no way wrong, you are just experiencing the game as it will work in the future. The word grind is being used here in two different formats.

Kvow ground thru 25k Arrows Training.

You have to grind thu different experiences to gain and earn your points / levels / and resources.

Go look at my new player post, be strategic in the skills you are raising. Are you working archery? What skills are oyu working how many are turned to raise.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...one-is-making-it-out-to-be.37179/#post-421603

20. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Again you can train archery without using a single arrow. Just like casting spells without reagents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.