Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

2nd Impressions R26

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Bowen Bloodgood, Jan 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Maybe we should change the name of timber to 'particle board'?

2. Alexandra Cornfellow

Alexandra Cornfellow Avatar

Hi Bowen,

I've noticed the same thing, I got to level 22 in a few hours hours. I've been wondering: Does this 4x only reference the level you attained before the current wipe, or does it use your 'all-time' highest level attained during any release?

Cheers,
    Cornfellow

3. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Aye, there aren't many nodes atm in most scenes.
    It's painfully slow gathering at lower gathering levels too unless you're skinning. 4-7 failures on average for mining at a 40% chance iron/copper in Owl's nest for me atm. I spent hours getting to (31 mining, 29 swift, 26 meticulous) for very little ore that doesn't feel worth the time spent. It takes more than half a minute from the time I double click to when i get a failure or success for me mining right now per node 4-7 failures on average and the occasional 10 failures. That's a lot of wasted time just for 1 ore and 1-2 granite blocks. I rarely get a meticulous atm. I'm sure it gets better later on but until then it's terrible yield per the time you put into gathering. If gathering is to be so slow, it would be better if you are getting ore, dirt, and scraps or something as you're gathering to make the time it takes less dull, getting more yield while mining at slow gathering times.

Shortina likes this.
  4. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

The New Britannia Timber Guild sets very high standards on Timber. Despite the most critical observations, for every 6 logs one obtains - only ONE is of sufficient quality to become timber ;)

(I've also heard outlanders will cut down just about ANY tree they can find, crooked or not, and when they get to the refining stage they find that 85% of the logs won't fit on table and they throw them out- I'm told hordes of mounted elves come with pack animals and descend on New Britannia to haul these logs back to a fleet of waiting ships and bring these logs to Episode 2 for future projects.)

5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

It's all time XP.

6. Floors

Floors Avatar

When did the option to put numbers in the health bar happen ?

This means that now you can determine ahead of time if someone is higher level than you or not...

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  7. Mitch [MGT]

Mitch [MGT] Avatar

This hadn't even occurred to me, is there no persistence across the three online types?

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  8. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

I think R24 had the numbers. Now the name is also color coded

9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

There is actually. At least there's supposed to be. Even in SPO there are only so many resource nodes that will spawn.

This only applies to mobs.. PCs and non-hostiles don't get color coded. At least not right now and is probably the long term plan.

10. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

That's a fair point, but for a game that prides itself on immersion, there has to be more of a compromise. tekkamansoul sounds like he's on point.

11. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

For a game with an extremely low budget and small team, we can't expect everything all at once either.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  12. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Why am I always the only one who seems to remember about UO ?...

In UO I had fun trying to guess which "path" had been taken and how long ago because ressources on a tree would go down when they were harvested. There was no need for a special mesh, in our current client we could only make a temporary client side animation that shows the tree chopped only for the person who chopped it.

Why do the devs seem to want to put as much stress on the servers as possible with every little detail is beyond me...

How can you transform something so simple that was fun into something so complicated that isn't even remotely interesting for someone like me who used to spend days harvesting wood just for fun and being proud that I could guess what path the last lumberjack took so I would most efficiently use my time ? We could make it even more interesting that a tree thats been overharvested would yield bad quality wood, so you would have to guess even more.

I hate when everything is animated serverside and nothing is left to the imagination.

As it is right now I have no interest in making a crafter...

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  13. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

UO didn't use meshes.. it is 2D.. Much less development time required.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  14. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Having a mesh really adds 0 immersion to my gaming experience. ESPECIALLY if it takes dev time... Gimme a freakin sprite if thats going to put less load on the server and client and ESPECIALLY if I'm running a lower-end computer because I'm poor and I invested all I had in Shroud instead of buying a new graphic card and RAM.

15. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Having tons of "low end" wood is also not going to break the economy one bit, if you want scarcity and value you should then make rare wood rarer, not punish the new players because you have a fear-based beleif system...

Jivalax Azon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.