3/30 & 3/31 - Grand Opening - Walhalla Meusem - SotA Launch Party - Ripple Effect

Discussion in 'Release 52 Events (Launch!)' started by Thexedor Markhamm, Mar 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

Hannah and Ulrich Alpenglow present an event in support of The AERIE Fund and The Ripple Effect campaign -

[​IMG]

What is this event for? Rauchbier Platz, a player owned town nested in Central Brittany, is celebrating three things. 1) The AERIE Fund's Ripple Effect campaign, 2) the opening of a new museum in Rauchbier Platz, and 3) the official launch of Shroud of the Avatar!

What is the new museum? Hannah Alpenglow has collected several rare items related to developers Lord British, Darkstarr, Atos and Gix Vargach. These items are displayed in a museum dedicated to Virtue (Lord British items) and Chaos (Darkstarr items). It includes armor and weapons crafted by the devs. But wait, there's more! In addition to Virtue and Chaos exhibits, there is an exhibit dedicated to the Alpenglow's livelihood - brewing beer! This section contains a guided walk through of the beer brewing process.

All of the exhibits are housed in Walhalla Museum on the Museum Ridge in Rauchbier Platz. It is modeled after the Walhalla Memorial located in Germany (pictured above).

What events will be happening during the party? There will be games, dancing, and a tour of the new museum. For those that have attended prior Rauchbier Platz events, "Wheat, Wurst, Bread" will be played, along with some new games. We plan to have a wonderful RFB DJ spinning tunes for us during the Saturday night event!

How does this event support The Ripple Effect and how can I contribute? Hannah Alpenglow will make a donation to The Ripple Effect on behalf of the avatars that attend the party. The more avatars that participate, the more money that is donated - you can help raise money simply by stopping by and having fun with us!

What kind of prizes are given away? Several games will be played during the event, including "Wheat, Wurst, Bread". Winners of these games have a choice of prize, which are still being determined. In the past, winners had prize choices such as 50/100 COTOs, a commision-free vendor, rare pets, and expert crafting stations. To celebrate an event as monumental as SotA launch the prizes will be just as grand this time around.

There is also a grand prize drawing - each attendee receives a numbered raffle ticket from Hannah when they arrive. This event's grand prize is pretty special and is tied to the number of attendees; see below for details.

Event Times: Two parties will be held, one during the morning on Friday, March 30 to allow our European friends a better time to attend, and one on Saturday night, March 31.

Friday, March 30 - 11 AM Central
    Saturday, March 31 - 8 PM Central

Event Location: Player owned town of Rauchbier Platz, inside the Walhalla Museum of Virtue, Chaos and Brewing

Rauchbier Platz is a nested PoT; there is a wagon to it located in Central Brittany (main entrance, use the "Snowy Mountain Biome" blue wagon) and at the main entrance of Brittany Alleys.

Once in Rauchbier Platz, turn around and use the "Local Destinations" town sign to teleport to "Town Boundary 1". Then run up the hill to the museum; it is the big ancient columned building similar to the picture above.

Fundraising Opportunity: The main reason for this event is to support The Ripple Effect. Simply showing up helps raise more money for them! The amount Hannah will donate is based on total attendance of both event times:

Tier 1: If 25 unique Avatars participate, Hannah will donate $500
    Tier 2: If 50 unique Avatars participate, Hannah will donate $1000
    Tier 3: If 75 or more unique Avatars participate, Hannah will donate $1500!!!

(You may attend both events, but will count as one attendee for this purpose)

Grand Prize Opportunity: A grand prize will be awarded at the end of the event of Saturday night. This is a random drawing for a very nice prize (see below), the size of it is based on participation as well.

Each Avatar will receive a numbered raffle ticket upon arriving at the event (you may attend both event times but are limited to one ticket). At the end of the Saturday night event, Hannah will roll a random number based on the number of tickets given out. The winning ticket number will receive one of the following, based on attendance size:

Tier 1: If 25 unique Avatars participate, the grand prize is a 3 Story Row Lot Bundle of your choice
    Tier 2: If 50 unique Avatars participate, the grand prize is the level 1 Tax Free Village POT Bundle of your choice
    Tier 3: If 75 or more unique Avatars participate, the grand prize is a Tax Free TOWN POT Bundle of your choice!!!

The grand prize winner does not need to be present at the raffle to win; Hannah tracks the owner of each ticket that is handed out. Hannah will contact the winner to inform them of the prize, ask which style of bundle is preferred and obtain an email address to transfer the bundle to.

The bundle will be purchased and given to the winner during the next Postmortem event, for a few reasons - 1) to take advantage of the bundle discount and raise money for Port, and 2) to help raise money for sweet postmortem stretch goals!

We look forward to seeing you at the museum opening!

Warmest Regards,

Hannah Alpenglow

2. HannahAlpenglow2

HannahAlpenglow2 Avatar

The first part of the museum grand opening starts in about an hour at 11 AM New Britannia Time - hope to see you there!

Teleport to Hannah Alpenglow in the player owned town of Rauchbier Platz.

3. HannahAlpenglow2

HannahAlpenglow2 Avatar

Thank you to everyone that came out to the first part of the museum opening - it was a lot of fun!

Do not forget that the party continues tomorrow night (Saturday, March 31) at 8PM Central Time. You can help raise money for The AERIE Fund just by attending - if we have 25 new avatars visit tomorrow, here is what happens -

$1,500 donated by Hannah to the AERIE Fund, on behalf of all of the party attendees (currently $1,000 will be donated)
    The grand prize drawing goes from a Tax Free Village Bundle to a Tax Free Town Bundle of the winner's choice

There are lots of other games and dancing during the party, and we will have Eclipse Maiden DJing on Radio Free Britannia!

Here is what was given away today - you won't want to miss tomorrow. Congratulations to all of the winners!

Beer, Wurst, Bread Game (Bread...)

@Tailz Suvurov - Expert Crafting Station
    @Thexedor Markhamm - Observatory Home
    @Helvig Ingvildsdottir - Lord Marshal Drinking Horn
    GixVargach (@maptsch)- 50 COTOs that he donated to The AERIE Fund. Thank you for the donation Gix!

COTO Combinations Game

@Aeso Wondah - 100 COTOs

And @Turock Ockenshire won a Tax Free POT Row Lot Deed in the early party finale!

4. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

Was an amazing event. I still feel guilty about winning the observatory home, but what can you do? The WURST gods demanded it! Can't wait for round 2 tomorrow night! Everybody needs to see the museum. :)

5. Tailz

Tailz Avatar

That was fun!:)

6. HannahAlpenglow2

HannahAlpenglow2 Avatar

What a night - thank you to everyone that came to the museum opening, Ripple Effect fundraiser and SotA launch celebration. It was truly a special night and I appreciate each and every one of you that came out.

We had around 80 people in the museum at one point dancing their tails off to the wonderful songs provided by DJ @Woftam. A huge thank you to Woftam from not only playing fab music but helping to announce the games and events throughout the evening.

I hope old friends had a good time gathering and had a chance to meet some new ones; we had quite a few new Avatars join the fun - I hope everyone enjoyed it. Apologies if I missed any messages or whispers or did not say hello to someone during the party - it was pretty crazy in there!

Thanks to everyone that attended, the full $1,500 was raised for The AERIE Fund's Ripple Effect campaign. Each and every one of you helped raise that money by visiting and having fun; thank you, thank you, thank you. This community is so kind and amazing.

Thank you to everyone that played our silly games of Beer, Wurst, Bread - I actually had a few different games planned but literally had too many people to play them so I had to stick to this one!

Thank you to the entire AERIE Fund crew that does so much work to make these campaigns and support the community. @Thexedor Markhamm, @Justyn04, @Lazarus Long, @Jack SinAssist and the team - your dedication is what makes all this possible, and thanks for tirelessly promoting the event.

Thank you to the amazing developers that make all this fun possible, and thanks again to @matpsch , @DarkStarr , @Chris , @Lord British for creating many of the items housed in the museum during the Master of the Forge event.

Pictures and a list of prize winners will be in posts below - @Temujin won the grand prize of a Tax Free TOWN Bundle of his choice; if you have any pictures please feel free to share them here.

A final, special thank you to the new avatars that visited last night - I hope you made some new friends and caught a glimpse of how wonderful this community is. And three of you walked away with row lot housing bundles - congratulations!

Viele Danke,

Hannah Alpenglow

7. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

What a crowd!
    [​IMG]

Tailz and HannahAlpenglow2 like this.
  8. HannahAlpenglow2

HannahAlpenglow2 Avatar

Prize winners for the March 31 Walhalla Museum Opening Party - congratulations to all!

Grand Prize Drawing - Tax Free POT Town Bundle of the winner's choice
    Temujin

Tax Free POT Village Deed
    Cthrek'Goru Tazar

2 Story Tax Free Row Lot Bundles of the winners' choice - drawing for new avatars/avatars not yet with a deed
    Tifa Lockhart
    Edwen Vex
    Alioth Cnicus

Beer, Wurst, Bread Game Winners
    Addy - Shibu Ina Pet
    Lockey Abernathy - Commission Free Vendor
    Hans Dietrich - Golden Dragonfly Pet
    Arthemis Treboran - Observatory Village Home
    Sheamus McGuinness - 2 Expert Crafting Stations
    Thorne Bloodblade- 100 COTOs

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  9. Alioth

Alioth Avatar

Wonderful party! Thank you. Really impressed with the museum, and especially with the great community I saw turn up last night. I have only been in game about a week now, but it has been a true pleasure. And to know our revelry is supporting a good cause as well. It's grand. Thanks @hannahalpenglow for her vision and generosity, @Wolftam for the great DJ set, and everyone else involved in making this happen!

HannahAlpenglow2 likes this.
  10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Thank you for this party. While I missed out on some of it I did make it to the final hour or so. I saw a lot of new faces and a lot of players who have been around for some time. I really enjoyed it a lot.

11. HannahAlpenglow2

HannahAlpenglow2 Avatar

Pictures!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Fei Akhart and Berek like this.
  12. nimueCW

nimueCW Avatar

Thank you for another great event Hannah! It was a lot of fun, and knowing a lot of money was raised for the AERIE fund makes it even better! I know @Temujin2 is still super shocked that he won (and how amazing generous the prize is!)

13. Solstys

Solstys Avatar

Thanks for hosting Lady Alpenglow! Bolts and I had a great time.

14. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Thank you to Hannah and Ulrich for hosting such a wonderful gathering for a great cause! Cheers to the continuing success to your museum and hosting your generous events!

15. HannahAlpenglow2

HannahAlpenglow2 Avatar

The grand prize town bundle and three row lot bundle prizes were purchased and sent out during today’s livestream; if anyone has trouble claiming them please let me know. Thank you again everyone for visiting the museum!