Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

4 Story Cherry Blossom Tree won't fit Town lot (in an underground POT)

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Time Lord, May 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

1. Title: 4 Story Cherry Blossom Tree won't fit Town Lot (inside an underground POT)
    2. Reproduction Rate: Always
    3. Blocker? Most likely the ceiling... don't know.
    4. Details: I just purchased this tree "as advertised" so I could place it on a town lot in an underground POT which "as advertised" should fit on "any town sized lot" o_O Is there any way you could refund my :eek: "2500 crowns" :confused: and please change the discription in the crown store, "if this is the problem", which I'm only assuming :)
    5. Steps to Reproduce: 4 Story Cherry Blossom Tree +Town Lot (+Underground POT?)
    6. User Specs: I have a computer developed by NASA :p I don't know...
    Any suggestions would help of who to contact if this is not a bug? I'll place it inside my bank so this can be resolved. :)~TL~

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Time Lord, i know it can be placed on a town lot, i have one myself. it couldn't until the deco resizing was put in, though. can you not place it if you shrink it as small as it can go?

you may be right about the ceiling, i do not know.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

OK I must try shrinking it... but doesn't that sort of make it a 3 story tree instead of a 4 story?
    .. and how does one "shrink a tree?" :D I never heard of that before :p

4. Alley Oop

things can be up- or down-sized about twenty percent, so i think it's still bigger at its smallest than a three story. also, most ALL THE THINGS are now resizeable. it's a lot of fun and makes deco much more flexible. default is alt-x and alt-z.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Is there a secret handshake or something that allows re-scaling? I read allot of everywhere I could think of, but I can find no instructions on how to do it.

All I can find is that "it can be done", without mention of "how to do it or how it is done" <-----------------:confused:-----------------<<<

On another note*
    I tried placing it off the lot inside the underground POT and it will place, but it's a bit restrictive of where or how close to something.

Speculation*
    The Town Lot in question is tightly placed between/around other lots, which may be causing the inability to place it on the Town Lot.

6. Alley Oop

...while holding the item in active placement (red/green) mode.

that may be. before the resizing came in, i was talking to list about that tree and he said he couldn't reduce the collision on it anymore or it'd make sticking branches in your neighbor's house possible. the one i have placed is clearly over the edge on one side, but it doesn't have a neighbor lot to interfere.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

The resizing works on it, but the 4 story tree just doesn't want to be placed on the lot.
    I don't see anything that could be obstructing it, but my lots are very tight together as if boxed in on all points for the exception of it having been placed very close to the POT's road/path. This is in the POT named "The Time Tunnel" nested in Wizards Rest. I don't think I mentioned that for the bug developer. I'm thinking it's the bordering properties blocking it and not the ceiling.

The only other thing I can think of , is that it's bordered by an Elvin Town Home, the one with a gigantic tree growing in the middle of it. The reason I mention that, is because the Elvin tree actually seems to extend beyond the boundaries of it's own boarders at very high altitude.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"Alley Oop was able to place it" :D!
    [​IMG]
    :) "She said it was difficult, but she got it done!" :confused:

Alley Oop likes this.
  9. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

AHH timelord, missed ya man LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.