5 humble suggestions

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Feldon Grimshaw, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

I've been playing the game for quite a while now, and I love almost everything about it. Please allow me to humbly suggest five features to make it even better.

1. Crafting Aprons
    As a crafter, I would love to be able to don an apron while i work. I've seen various NPC's wearing aprons. Why not add the ability for a player to do so as well? Perhaps a pattern that could be applied to a cloak? A sturdy leather apron for smelting and blacksmithing and another for cooking and carpentry, etc.

2. Armor Suit Displays
    I have completed all of the Virtue Armor quests, and have these lovely suits of armor sitting in a bag in my bank gathering dust. Wouldn't it be cool if there was some way i could proudly display them?

3. Dying Words
    A fun addition would be the ability to specify (perhaps via a setting menu) some dying words to speak for when that pesky enemy manages to take you down. Lots of the in game monsters do this already.

4. Silver/Gold scraps
    As a blacksmith, i've searched the lands high and low to locate the mythical gold and silver scraps so that i can craft gold and silver ingots from them, but as far as i've been able to find, these gold and silver scraps simply don't exist, even though there are recipes that call for them. Whither the scraps?

5. Crafting failure recovery method
    The most frustrating thing about the game for me personally is crafting failure. I don't mind that there's some risk. But if i've invested hours of time mining ore and refining materials and put together this really amazing item and because of a bad dice roll, it fails ... well, it makes me want to not be a crafter anymore. Especially if it happens repeatedly (which is often does). I've heard rumor that a solution might be in the works to allow a recovery option, perhaps in the form of expending some crafting XP to prevent the failure. I would LOVE some type of solution to this issue.

2. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

I don't remember when exactly, but I do seem to remember them saying making display mannequins for armor sets is on their list of things to do. If it's not it should be!

Leelu likes this.
  3. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

+1 for Crafting Apron. Black Tortoise needs a "Kiss the Cook" apron!

Kaffien and Leelu like this.
  4. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

armor display is in the jirra. We will see them soon i hope. As for the rest. No idea what is the deal with the gold and silver scraps. I assume it will be something put it after launch. Dying words would be fun. They have turned a nose up at the apron thing as it is too hard to get it to fit properly on the avatar.

Womby and Leelu like this.
  5. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

They are generic metal scraps. Can be used in any ingot recipe.

Leelu likes this.
  6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

7. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Well, but we can't use them as "silver scrap" or "gold scrap" ;)

So, if we do an item with gold/silver, there should also be silver/gold scraps beside the metal scraps.
    Or it should be possible to use metal scrap also for silver/gold ingots ...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  8. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

Isn't that how it works? You're saying the metal scraps can't be used for good and silver?

9. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Yes, in game is a recipe for making silver ingots from silver scraps, a recipe for gold ingots from gold scraps and a recipe for iron/copper ingot from metal scraps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.