500 Crown Fishy Prize

Discussion in 'Recurring Events' started by Sonja, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Sonja

Sonja Avatar

[​IMG]

500 Gold Crowns of the Obsidian (COTOs) and custom trophies for all record and lucky (1.11, 2.22, 3.33 etc) fishies bagged in Brittany Fort (map)
    ♥ Now and forever for all eternity ♥

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021 at 4:13 AM
  2. Kaizen Strava

Kaizen Strava Bug Hunter

Hey there, can you list the current records?

Proudfoot Underhill and Sonja like this.
  3. Proudfoot Underhill

Proudfoot Underhill Avatar

Awesome! A question, if I might: Where do we put the Record/Lucky fish we catch? I see no box on the docks :)

FrostII and Sonja like this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

The town now has swamp instead of freshwater fish so the records from the last fishing competition is not going to provide useful comparison

Sonja likes this.
  5. Elgarion

Elgarion Community Manager Moderator SOTA Developer

Got this added to the events page. Put some categories for the events in there this time to help people visualize, plus it'll help me spot things more easily that are ready for removal.

Sonja and FrostII like this.
  6. Elgarion

Elgarion Community Manager Moderator SOTA Developer

And thanks for running an event, Sonja :)

7. Powersurge45

Powersurge45 Avatar

So can you elaborate? Are you saying you will pay 500 Cotos each time some one catches a "record" or "lucky" fish in Brittany Fort? I guess I need to understand what "record" or "lucky" fish are.... Sorry I'm old to the game but never have really fished. Also...why would u pay that amount for record or lucky fish? Or is it more for the philanthropic reason or are they valuable in SoTA for another reason? Sorry...I'm just trying to understand in case I create a similar event later on...

8. Sonja

Sonja Avatar

Greetings everybody!

Thank you for the questions and comments, I'll try to answer everybody the best that I can. I'm sorry, I was just trying to keep the prize announcement short, simple and concise with links, but I can see I didn't do very well at that or it's not enough information for most, unfortunately. :( All the highlighted words, symbols and photos are links that you can click on. ;)

The current records are linked in the highlighted word, "record." These are spreadsheets I've used for my past fishy events, you will see different tabs listed along the bottom for each event. Some fishies from events need to be updated since they were caught before we could see two decimal places, but for Elgarion's current event right now, which is fetid fishies, the Leisurely Lucky Fetid Fishing is up to date with both decimals. :)

A nice video that Lady @Tellana made for me a while ago is linked in the word, "bagged." It shows where my magical fishy bags are located on the bar in the Brittany Fort Inn located at the town entrance. ✨

If you follow my, "record," link to my fishy spreadsheets, you will see the different events for different water types listed as tabs at the bottom of the first spreadsheet. I'll work on making just a records spreadsheet. ❤

Thank you very, very much Governor Elgarion! ❤

Yes, exactly, I will reward you with 500 crowns each! Yay! Lucky fishies are fishies with three digits the same, for example 1.11, 2.22, 3.33 and so on. Click the, "record," link to browse the records for fishies, there are tabs at the bottom.

Hmm, I'm not sure if fishies have very much value outside of sentimental ones, somebody else might be able to answer, but sentimental reasons are my favorite! ♥ For Sir @Elryin Silvertree 's birthday a few days ago, I spent hours fishing for a nice fishy for him, caught on the day of his birthday, so that he could add the fishy to his governors collection. My friend @Serenia helped and made a nice plaque for the fishy so he could mount it on his wall. To me, that's what is valuable. ❤

Other than that it's just for fun! :p

Yours truly,

Governor Sonja Solar

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  9. Powersurge45

Powersurge45 Avatar

Thank you Sonja for the follow up!! I understand now...

Thanks,
    Voltage

Sonja likes this.
  10. Proudfoot Underhill

Thanks! I also found a Treasure! :D <3

Elgarion and Sonja like this.
  11. Sonja

Sonja Avatar

Happy Easter!

I'm sorry, but I think I just realized today what you meant! Did you find one of my treasure maps or love letters that were fished up during one of my previous fishy events and actually go find one of the pirate treasure chests or the lover's loot? If you went to the effort of digging up the treasure chest or discovering the long lost lover's loot I'll still send you the gold if you follow through. :)

Yours truly,

Governor Sonja Solar

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

P.S. Also, fantastic news today, everybody! Sir Elgarion said he sent me customized gold and silver fishy trophies for me to award to fishers catching Record and Lucky fishies!​

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  12. Proudfoot Underhill

Yes indeed! I found the Treasure of the pirate :) I will mention his name in the game mail to avoid forgery!

Anpu, Elgarion and Sonja like this.
  13. Sonja

Sonja Avatar

Greetings everybody!

Here's the very beautiful custom trophies Sir Elgarion crafted and sent me for you to win! The gold trophy is for all record fishies and the silver is for any lucky fishies. I wish you all the best of luck and fishy fun with friends! ❤

Yours truly,

Governor Sonja Solar

[​IMG]

14. Sonja

Sonja Avatar

Congratulations Sir Jacob Storm ( @twofoldsilence ) for winning 500 crowns and the very first custom Lucky Fishy trophy with his lucky little 1.11 Large Peacock Bass, which also happens to weigh 1.1 too! Yay! ✨

I hope you enjoyed some casual, relaxing fishing in Brittany Fort and you return soon! ♥

Yours truly,

Governor Sonja Solar

[​IMG]

Elgarion and Coswald_Dirthmire like this.