500 Crown Leisurely Fishing

Discussion in 'Recurring Events' started by Sonja, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Warius

Warius Avatar

Ohh, I didn't knew that, thanks for info! (I guess only the governor can change the water type then.)

Time Lord and Sonja like this.
  2. Lained

Lained Avatar

Yes, a governor or steward with the right permissions.

Time Lord, Sonja and Warius like this.
  3. Sonja

Sonja Bug Hunter

Greetings Warius! Thank you for the questions and thank you very much for the helpful answers @Lained! ❤

You bring up some issues I'd like see improved and plan to submit feedback on when I find some time. I'm thinking the fishies should have at least three decimal places instead of two so there's not so many ties. What do you think? Also, it's very odd that none of the fetid water or rivers in my town can actually be fished, that doesn't make a lot of sense. :( Unless the decimals are expanded, I'm considering offering my 500 Crown prize for ties too.

There is a third issue that I was discussing with @Serpentwyne, that once fishies are put on plaques they no longer display their specific Small and Large sizes. So please, if anybody catches a record fishy in Brittany Fort don't put it on a plaque as then there will be no way for me to tell which size the fishy is. :(

I do change the water types during official events and you may also fish fetid and fresh water in Brittany Fort dungeons, which I know there's a few of. Since that's the case I may also decide to keep the main water as saltwater by default unless there's an event.

Thank you very, very much for helping me think of feedback that needs to be submitted to the developers and improvements! And happy fishing! Yay!

Yours truly,

Governor Sonja Solar

P.S. I took the time to submit some feedback on these issues and other fishy ideas here, everybody's very, very welcome to add additional ideas and comments or anything I missed. ♥ :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    Time Lord, jrs99 and Warius like this.
  4. Warius

Warius Avatar

Okay, well I've put a record fish which is a tie and a lucky one at the same time in the bag, as well as a new record one! Thanks for info!

5. Sonja

Sonja Bug Hunter

✨ Congratulations to Arthus Dimpleton @Warius for winning 1000 Crowns! ✨He caught a lucky little 1.11 Spotted Bass fishy and record shattering little 1.26 Large Spotted Bass, far surpassing the previous record of 1.17 shared by @coffee and @SoulSmith! He also tied the current record of 0.84 for Oscar Sunfish with @Stella Moon, @Sayge Raine and @Weins201 and goes down in the record books for that too. However, if an additional digit is added to the Britannia fishy measuring sticks he could win another 500 Crowns if his fishy ends up being larger than the others, setting a new record. Yay! I hope you enjoyed some fishing at your leisure in Brittany Fort! :)

[​IMG]

✨ Congratulations to Jacob Storm @twofoldsilence again, winning another 500 Crowns! ✨ This time for breaking an all time record set by Governor Galorn Hammerthrow @Galorn long, long ago at my very first fishy event in 565 PC! Jacob Storm caught a 1.24 Large Brook Trout, inching out Galorn's previous record of 1.23. After more than two years staying with me, I'll be sending Galorn's little fishy home. Yay! :)

[​IMG]

✨ Congratulations to Garion Bel for tying the current all time record of 1.04 for Peacock Bass shared by @SoulSmith and Hazard Fortune @Hazard ! ✨ Your name will be added as a tie to the record books and if the Britannia measuring sticks are updated to measure three decimals in the future, your little fishy may end up being the largest of the three, setting an new record and winning! I'll let you know. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  6. Aleksander

Aleksander Avatar

Ouch, rushed a bit and sent you a fishy by mail instead of dropping it in the container. Hope it gets considered :)

7. Sonja

Sonja Bug Hunter

Congratulations to the most recent winners! Yay! :)
    • Lady Trezir Pyle 1,000 Crowns!
    • Lady Sana Pridewolf 1,000 Crowns!
    • Sir Jugg Head 500 Crowns!
    • Sir Mogul Razdunk 500 Crowns!
    I hope everybody enjoyed some relaxing fishing at your leisure and hope you visit me again soon!

✨ A reminder, you can now win 500 Crowns for record fishies caught by anybody at any time in history for display in my fishy aquarium museum. If you didn't catch the fishy please mail it or hand deliver it to me so I know who it's from. I promise to take very, very good care of your fishies. For now this excludes fishies on plaques as there's no way to tell what size category they originally were. ✨

@Trezir Pyle's little Large Amberjack Mackerel 1.869 wins 500 Crowns, easily surpassing @Flair's previous record of 1.85 for a new all time record! Her Large Sailfish 3.601 also wins 500 Crowns by default as nobody has turned in a Large Sailfish to me before. Yay! :)
    [​IMG]

Sana Pridewolf wins 1,000 Crowns by default for both her Aligator Gar 2.113 and Small Aligator Gar 1.861, as nobody has dropped off these fishy types and sizes with me before! Yay! :)
    [​IMG]

@Past Blue Ribbon wins 500 Crowns by default with his Sailfish 2.773, as nobody has dropped off a regular size Sailfish with me before. Yay! :)
    [​IMG]

@Serpentwyne wins 500 Crowns for returning his winning record Large Goliath Catfish 2.117 from a previous event for me to care for in my future aquarium museum! Yay! :)
    [​IMG]

Sir Mogul Razdunk returned another fishy on a plaque as a potential new record for regular Sharptooth Catfish and was nice enough to stop by to visit me too while I was writing him back, however it turns out it's actually a Large Sharptooth Catfish not a regular one, which matches up exactly in size and date with a Large one I had recorded for him in my Leisurely Lucky Fetid Fishing event. This again calls attention to the problem of fishies on plaques missing their original size categories. There's no way for me to tell what size a fishy is after it's put on a plaque. :(
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
    FrostII, jrs99, Winfield and 3 others like this.
  8. Blake47

Blake47 Avatar

Wow…I love fishing contests…..will be fishing there soon…..as soon as 2x exp fest is over..btw my son is gov at “Fields of Misery”….see ya soon…

Sonja, Aleksander, Elgarion and 3 others like this.
  9. Sonja

Sonja Bug Hunter

Congratulations to Garion Bel, winning 500 Crowns and an exclusive Brittany Fort Record Fishy trophy for setting a new all time record with their little 1.044 Peacock Bass! Previously Garion Bel's fishy tied with a very long standing record jointly held by @SoulSmith and @Hazard at 1.04. However, with Lord British providing me with a more accurate fishy stick for measuring it turns out that Garion's fishy was just a little bit bigger at 1.044 and sets a new record. Yay! SoulSmith's fishy was 1.04 even, and Hazard's was 1.036.

I've also measured all the other fishies already staying with me that were tied for records, updated the record books, and sent previous record holding fishies home to be with their owners. ♥

@Justyn, @Sayge Raine and myself previosly shared a record of 1.09 with our little Brook Trouts. The new fishy stick measurements reveal Justyn's as the largests at 1.092, mine as 1.089 and Sayge Raine's as 1.085.

@Stella Moon, @Sayge Raine, @Warius and @Weins201 were tied for the Oscar Sunfish recrod at 0.84. The new fishy stick measures Grumpie Weinie's fishy as the largest at a full 0.84 while the others were a little bit smaller.

@Sayge Raine and @that_shawn_guy were tied for the rare Pike record at 2.01, but the new fishy sticks measure Shawn's fishy as the largest at 2.013, while Sayge's is 2.007.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've also started proudly displaying the record holding fishies in my care on the Brittany Fort dock for everybody to admire until I have time to build a nice fishy museum for them.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
  10. Blake47

Blake47 Avatar

So any fish can qualify or only fish caught at Brittany Fort ?

Sonja likes this.
  11. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Only at Brittany Fort

Sonja likes this.
  12. Sonja

Sonja Bug Hunter

Congratulations to @Trezir Pyle, winning another 500 Crowns fishing at her leisure in Brittany Fort and becoming the first fisher ever to win three Brittany Fort Record Fishy trophies! Her Small Swordfish 2.514 automatically sets the record for Small Swordfish because nobody has ever given me one before! Yay! :)

Lady Trezir Pyle's record fishy is now proudly on public display on the Brittany Fort dock for all to admire!

[​IMG]

Elgarion likes this.