6-3-17 1pm-3pm NBT Prism Presents a Fishing Derby for the Trevor Project

Discussion in 'Release 42 Events' started by Lace, May 28, 2017.

1. Lace

Lace Avatar

[​IMG]
    This event is to raise awareness and benefiting Aerie Fund/Trevor Project - Just 1 Life Community Cause

I really fell in love with the water platforms in the game. While some use them as water bridges and we are mostly using them as sunbathing/fishing docks, we wanted to formalize their usage with an event and encourage other POT owners to find creative uses as well.

Basics

6 color coded checkpoints
    Must get a pass from each 'color' to win.
    Fishing limited to the platform areas so understand about fished out areas
    No fishing on shores or outlying areas, its meant to compete for fish in some areas.
    Fishing Merchant on the docks for poles and bait.

1st Place 20 cotos
    2nd Place 10 cotos
    3rd Place 5 cotos

4 Random winners of Pax Ring Artifacts (please only folks that don't already have one)

At least one GM teacher that will allow folks to group for mentoring, we welcome spectator GM Fishers to mentor others.

I need a total of 6 platform judges to verify the incoming fishes and had out success passes. Each judge will receive 5 cotos or 5 dollars store credit for their aid. You must volunteer ahead of time for this, and will be required to wear a specific colored outfit as shown in picture above. I have 4 Judges so far, NEED 2 more please.

Video of concept from the 4/22/17 iteration of the event.

One change from video there will be a centered ornate platform with an official in black that you will do your final turn ins to (aka Lace Delamorte)

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  2. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Hmm...I watched a bit of the last event in person and it looked like fun :D Maybe if I get my fishing skill up a bit more before then... o_O

Lace and Time Lord like this.
  3. Sheamus McGuinness

Sheamus McGuinness Avatar

Had a good time at this last time!

4. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I am unfortunately away from home for this one, good luck to all taking part.

5. Jakdaw Foxlauden

Jakdaw Foxlauden Avatar

Awesome looking event! Will try to be there, but I may be busy with family. Hope to see pictures, at least! :D

6. Lace

Lace Avatar

Hey a big shout out to all our fisherfolks who came out for the fishing derby today. Grats to Menchi who won 20 cotos, Skye Drifter who won 10 cotos, and Arya Stoneheart who won 5 cotos. Where were all the menfolk fishermen? Well even Winfield was there but the women shut out the men this time around. Thanks also to all the officials that helped: Amber Raine who not only officiated but spun fishing songs on Avatar's Radio, Dalmore Dharn, SteelCore, Lantm Chaos, Robyn Hood, and last but not least Strike Dharn . Thanks to Wayne Klots and Jack Sinassist and Lazarus Long from NBNN that did some streaming of the event.

And thanks to Thexadore Marhkhamm and the board at the Aerie Fund as well as the devs at Portalarium for allowing the Trevor Project to be the charity for this month's fundraising. You can read more about this at https://www.aeriefund.org/... Prism is happy to be a sponsor guild for all the events we have planned throughout the month for this fund raising drive (yes I know yall are broke from telethon - you got a month to recover!)

[​IMG]

I knew there were no trout after inquiring about this in april at the last derby but I accidentally put trout on one of the lists which led to a bit of confusion and not everyone seeing me say it repeatedly that on the red dock trout = bass from my boo boo .. so when I asked folks to come to center at the end for a picture I happened to catch someone still talking about the missing trout lol .. sorry again my bad, I knew better and wasn't paying attention when I made the fishing lists.

[​IMG]

Grats again to the winners and when your wallets recover think about helping out the Trevor Project and the Aerie Fund, we have events up through the 30th of this month.

7. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Hah that was me with the "no trout here". Great event, so much fun!

8. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

Lace, Justyn04 and Time Lord like this.