Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Problems with Earth Ele aggro and ranged attacks in Serpent's Spine Mine lake level

Discussion in 'Release 39 Bug Forum' started by Widsith [MGT], Feb 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

02/23/2017 14:21
    Title: Problems with Earth Ele aggro and ranged attacks in Serpent's Spine Mine lake level
    Reproduction Rate:100%
    Blocker?No
    Details: Ranged attacks and aggro are behaving strangely around the lake (kobold / satyr / ele) level in Serpent's Spine Mine when engaging earth elements. Different symptoms for the two mobs:

1)
    Area: Novia_R9_Hills01_SerpentsSpineMines
    Area Display Name: Serpent's Spine Mines
    Loc: (-55.5, -20.0, 168.0)
    See image in spoiler. From this location I can target the ele, but not do any damage. It's "dodged" no matter what. If I move so that I have a direct line of sight, not across the lake, I still can't damage it. It doesn't aggro in either case. It won't aggro and I can't target it with ranged attacks until I am at point blank range.

[​IMG]

2)
    Area: Serpent's Spine Mines (Novia_R9_Hills01_SerpentsSpineMines) Loc: (-41.7, -19.9, 153.0)
    See image in spoiler. From here I can target and do damage to the ele across the water. However, it never aggros unless I cross the water and engage it directly.

[​IMG]

Both of these used to aggro if you came close on the other side of the water. I'm guessing something weird with the cover system, but ?? The mobs on the other side of the water are acting normally, aggro as before and can be targeted and hit from other side of the water.

Steps to Reproduce: Go fight the eles
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5675R CPU @ 3.10GHz (4) System RAM: 16384
    GPU: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Pro Graphics 6200 GPU RAM: 1536
    SotA.EarlyAccess.OSX.64.558.Date.02.22.17

Area: Serpent's Spine Mines (Novia_R9_Hills01_SerpentsSpineMines) Loc: (-41.7, -19.9, 153.0)

2. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

Checked the same area in Elysium Mines, which is a close clone. Issue #1 exists there - that ele can't be affected with ranged attacks or aggro'ed until you are at point blank range. Ele #2 above is behaving normally in that scene - can be hit with ranged attacks and aggro's at its usual range.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.