Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

581 Desolis - claim stone floating in air at location

Discussion in 'Release 40 Bug Forum' started by Spoon, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

3/31/2017 9:48 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Desolis - claim stone floating in air at location
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz (8) System RAM: 16297
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M GPU RAM: 4064
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.581.Date.03.31.17
    Area: Novia_R4_City_Desolis
    Area Display Name: Desolis
    Loc: (-89.4, 116.7, 56.6)

2. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Spoon, Thank you for reporting this issue. It has been submitted to the Development Team for review. I apologize for getting around to recording this issue later than I would like. The World Building, Scenes, Environment & Overworld has been growing and is under review for a faster way of handling these issues.

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

No worries.
    It has been an amazing response and reporting of world builder issues lately. Can totally see why it becomes too much.
    I think that it is due to them being the most gratifying to report since they seldom get rejected and one can see the fix going in.

@Attenwood

I think that if one took the top 5-10 reporters who we know give good reports, and asked them to instead of writing single reports per issue they would make a report with multiple entries per scenes after a mini-template.
    In my mind I'm seeing a shared excel sheet, where each tab is a scene and each row an entry, where columns are
    Type <> Description <> Coordinates <> Prio (the "type" column is a quick hint to the dev like Texture/Floating/Stuck/Collisions/Shading so that they don't necessarily have to read the whole description)
    Then the devs when doing a specific scene can simply pick from the list and clear out all the rows from that scene.
    If one does the coordinates right then the dev could even sort by coordinates so that they can take ones close to eachother in a bunch.

That should cut down the time for the reporting and most importantly cut down the time for the devs who wants to fix things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.