"90% ANGER-SPONGE!" - Gaming Community Managers speak

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Myrcello, Nov 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

I did find this Video really interesting.

It is nice to hear other Community Managers talk about this job helping me as a Gamer understand it more.

EA, Ubisoft, Konami and EB Games community managers share their thoughts, open and uncensored, at EBexpo, Sydney 2013.

( Lots of back noice, so need to listen well)

I had to laugh about the EA Person say it is "90 % Anger-Sponge". Jup. We know that. DonĀ“t we. :)

And a thank you to Berek for doing Community Management and taking on the challenge.
    It seems like a major part of Community Managers to be confronted with heated Gamers.
    They all defiantly confirm it in the Video.

I liked how those Community Managers reminded in that Video - that behind every Company there are "real people". Totally something we tend to forget.
    And the challenge you face of being your own person and having to represent the company interests.
    Loved the sentence one said: Turning a Hater into a Liker and a Liker into a Lover - that is what we find very rewarding. Helping

I know a lot of us give you a hard time. But it is our passion. Thank you for belonging to those people taking on the challenge Berek.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  2. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

And this is how you create a bubble of think alikes... :)

I liked the panel and I absolutely agree with the sentence you mentioned.

Ahuaeynjgkxs, E n v y and Mykll like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.