Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

99% CPU Overload

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Admiralloyd, Apr 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

04/15/2019 14:31
    Title: 99-100% CPU Overload
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details: CPU have 100% after change location
    Steps to Reproduce: Enter in player dungeon, and wait few moments, your CPU make overload and sota make every time. This happen Town>dungeon.
    User Specs: OS: Windows 7 (6.1.0) 64bit CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16361 GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series GPU RAM: 4069 SotA.Win.64.954.Date.04.12.19 Area: PlayerDungeon_GreyStone Area Display Name: Player Dungeon Loc: (1.8, 0.0, -5.3) Debug: UGxheWVyRHVuZ2Vvbl9HcmV5U3RvbmV8fCgxLjgxLCAwLjAwOCwgLTUuMjU1KXwoMCwgMC45OTEsIDAsIC0wLjEzMSl8MTcwLjAxMjh8NzB8NC43MDI2Mzc=

[​IMG]

John Markus likes this.
  2. Awe

Awe Avatar

Chris explained this on streams. building navmesh, cause player dungeons are not identical, can't build it before you enter dungeon, or something like that...

Alley Oop likes this.
  3. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

[​IMG]
    I make few change location (Town>Dungeon>Town>Dungeon>Town>Dungeon) after fist screen. And game added a couple of gb in my RAM.

It's funny, so I don’t know what to do with this game. Throw it or try to wait for polishing errors?

4. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

@Chris time to DO YOU WORK!

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series GPU RAM: 4069

Minimum:
    • Processor: Quad Core 2.4 GHz or faster
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: DirectX 11 Compatible NVIDIA 960 / AMD 560
    The excessive GPU load might be because you are way below the minimum specs for a GPU?

Alley Oop likes this.
  6. Awe

Awe Avatar

Noone talked about GPU. And I play with G-force 660. The only problem I have in SotA is crappy loading. For example ESO never locks my PC, I can do anything while loading zones. And if I try to open a map in SotA, my PC locks, leading sometimes to disconnect. Loading any zone takes so much HD time, that I can't use even a web-browser normally at those moments. The more zones I change, the faster I crash here.

Yes, yes, I could buy new PC to avoid(or lower) memory issues, but would I do that if other stuff I use works fine?

7. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

lol. U can see my spec in 1 post

8. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

[​IMG]
    In normal location CPU load

9. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I've been having a similar problem for the last two releases and I'm well above the recommended specs. A year ago I could run two instances of the client smoothly while streaming video and running a bunch of other stuff. Now, just running 1, and closing absolutely anything else,, my computer fans kick in about 30 seconds after logging in and stay on. Frequently, Sota will reach critical mass and lock up my entire machine forcing a reboot.

Every release I see "performance improvements" but things have gotten steadily worse for me since persistence. I have yet to log on any release and think "oh, this is better" or "oh, that loaded quicker". The crash-on-zone that was so rampant at persistence went away for a while but came back with a vengeance last year. It takes longer and longer to load towns, houses, contents of boxes, vendors....the bank - Just logging on ON the world map I spike up to 8000-9000mb memory usage. Can't blame that on too many decorations!

Despite considerations like more deco, more lights, more stuff ...something has definitely changed since R63 when the game ran smoothly using 20% cpu and 3000mb memory to nearly triple that today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.