Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

99 ingots and 80 coal iron ingot recipe

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by Bowen Bloodgood, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

It's probably a but that its even there.

2. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

it's alright, i'm already this far, so i might as well make it, then i can come back with pics, and cry about a broken recipe! :D

3. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

for a pre-alpha, it'd be pretty audacious to have a grind for a sword, that might potentially be greater then the founders swords, just saying. took much risk for me not to try and it lose, and then proceed to grind wolves to 60 like i intended with founders swords :D
    anyword on a silver sword, or silver hilt, i like to kill me some liches​

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

not as yet. but I'd wager only a very small portion of the total recipes are in.

5. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

we'll find out by 7 for sure either way, aside from maybe a few pee breaks, and a quick bite to eat, playing pretty hard, sitting at 310ish

time wise, it's been about six hours, which if i was farming elves, it'd be something like 30k minimum of effort, for this (more then likely impending let down) but, it's cool. I'm like the first monkey in space on this (or so it seems, since there is no mega-sad-panda-bear thread yet)

6. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

7. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

If you're looking for materials, go through the Graff Gem mines. First pass through, you kill everything, and harvest the 20-30 some odd mining nodes (iron, copper and gem), and by the time you are through harvesting ALL the nodes, you hit the lever near the end to go back, and the nodes you harvested before should be ready to go again beginning to end. Repeat as many times as you like.

Last night after three passes through I collected enough to smelt 20 iron ingots, 12 copper ingots, make about 500 gold from gem pieces, 500 from uncut gems, 1000 from zinc and tungsten, and about 1500 from the mystic gem turn in. Made swords from the ingots to pull in about another 2560.

8. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

9. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

mystic gem turn in?

and

I'd just farm elves, i did, the moors loops/laps, for about 10ish a run, for about six hours, it's alright, prealpha yada-yada, but, just to settle it, screen capped, posted all over. ggwp. :D

10. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

The merchant at the entrance outside will pay 150g per mystic gem.

11. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

eh, i'll just bank stash'em, they're not even worth it versus the crit swords from elves, so, ~\o.o/~ glad i solved and put this one to rest though. 50k Sword though, pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

12. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

99 iron ingots, no player would farm this! NO PLAYER. stacks go to 999; or even 9999. puts it at 99; doesn't disable it as a craft item. Doesn't make any attempt to post a patch note in any way. Eh, I don't get it, and i said this even before i started. :p

Oh well, as I was saying, off to kill spiders/bears/wolves! HUZAH!

13. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

The main thrust of the response was the materials. I don't know of any other place you can get the amount of metals in as short an amount of time, and the gem nodes are just something to do while the metal nodes respawn.

14. Pamela Eldritch

Pamela Eldritch Avatar

On the vendor value of crafted items- I suspect that NPC vendors will always low ball purchase prices. Selling to NPC vendors is not the main goal of the system. They will never be especially sensitive to player profit motive as their role is to put a floor on prices not to provide profit . Also value and cost really do not have a consistent relationship.

15. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

I think selling to npcs will always have a place, merely because when you grind, it is practically intended you are also using craft skills in some fashion, imagine a game where you might actually benefit from those things (thats how UO was) and honestly, that's kind of the point.

In early UO there were plenty of cool vendor tricks ,over-time that stuff died.

but, i am done trying to draw comparisons --- since really, this game has to walk that fine line between single and multi-player, and it's not a secret the prices vary depending on where you are for certain things, but i am clearly talking out of my ass about the cost of repair kits.

16. ottomaddux

ottomaddux Avatar

They said that with this release they were going to tie the price of certain items to how many sales they are making. The things I've noticed are coal salt and wax. When a lot of people are buying price goes up. But if you go to ardoris his prices are almost always low.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.