"A Bard's Tale" Competition by Poets' Circle!

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Holt, Nov 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

I fail to see what I am crashing.

There are a couple thousand people who read the forums.

I dont think me asking about some rules/workflow or posting information is going to prevent anyone from joining, who wasn't already going to join.

If I have that much influence, wow.

Cheers.

2. Holt

Holt Avatar

Maybe you do, and your blindness to it is irresponsible. What if I acted like you?

3. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

So, it is somehow my fault, your contest, with the size of your community, failed to get any traction?

Do you have a way to measure the size of the ego you add to the conversation?

4. Holt

Holt Avatar

I understand that you are a contributor to this game. I really do. But you cause conflict instead of lending support, as lot of the time. I could have used your help. It would have been pretty amazing and I bet this thread would have gone a different way. Now you're back after moderation I didn't even request, doing precisely the same thing. What is it? Gloating over a triumph? What is the victory can you explain?

5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Guys.. This is not a conversation for the public.

I might humbly suggest a new thread to continue the contest and that those not planning to partake not cause issues unnecessarily?

Amberraine and Joviex like this.
  6. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

You are the one who started it buddy.

Why the implication that this thread was trolled? That was not directed at me? Seriously?

I was trying to help, originally, by asking questions, which seemingly were not able to get answers.

Then, instead of working WITH someone, as you say, who contributes, the answer was to dismiss anything I said and attack it as if it was an attack.

I find it sad that you think you have some morally superior position, as you continue to just poke, proving, in the least, you are the very thing you espouse I am doing -- trolling.

Indeed. Last thing from me in here. Report, edit, do whatever.

Cheers.

7. Holt

Holt Avatar

It's not my community, as you previously stated. It's the forum, here. It's your community too. But you act as if its a battleground. And resurrecting a thread with a hostile attitude in order to provoke a response from its creator?

That is the DEFINITION of trolling, old school, right from the get go of what trolling is. So just own up. You're having a blast, that's fine. Don't pretend you're some community champion, like I said. You're actually really hostile to community building, and it would be so easy for you to change your ways really strongly and effectively.

Duke Raas likes this.
  8. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

er.... was that directed at me?

You guys continue to throw down all you want, but I was just interested in reading the entries and winning submissions. Please don't try and drag me into the dirt.

9. Holt

Holt Avatar

Wasn't directed at you, yours was an understandable question, and I appreciated being able to answer it. If you need further clarification, or would like to help 're-throw' this event in the New Year, PM me, I'd appreciate any help you can give.

Or, we may leave events like these to the Scholars of Novia and continue with music oriented things. There's always the possibility other groups have more traction with particular activities.

10. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I think that was just a slip.. not directed at you.

11. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I can't speak for the Grandmasters but I'm sure the Scholar's would be happy to work with you on any common interests. We are a group who believes in cooperative efforts. I personally would love to see more bardic works. Lyrics, poetry, rhyme etc.. :)

12. Holt

Holt Avatar

One of our strengths is narration, the other music making. What I wanted to see was some new authors (or old) participting in something, and narrating 3 of the entries. I've also been experimenting with adding music to my own narrations, on my own time. I'd like to add a custom musical score to the top entry.

If Scholars was to throw a successful contest, we'd be happy to lend this production capability to your winning entries.

13. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

That sounds awesome. I'll be sure to bring it.

Amberraine and Moonshadow like this.
  14. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

I Know that this could lead to something else that could combine 4 great forces.

Scholars of Novia currently has a great contest on bravery posted... The New Britannia Theatre Troupe (Thecaverns.net) has great voices that narrate a lot of community work.. and the Poets Circle and the wonderful musically talented bards could work music. And during the Community Appreciation times on Wednesdays and Saturdays they could be shared on the radio. A place for community building. All parts coming together as a community should. I do not see why this could not be a thing.

15. Holt

Holt Avatar

I'm in.

16. royalsexy

royalsexy Avatar

I wrote a story, but it sucked, so I didn't submit it. Maybe I'll start again if the comp is still open.

17. stile

stile Avatar

We can also podcast it all for the authors over at Echoes as well, if they wish, and we would be willing to narrate all submitted entries as well.

I certainly have some prize support items, I would contribute both on behalf of the New Britannia Theater Troupe and Echoes. I have an item or two I could offer up now, but ill have more in a couple weeks, and then more again at the end of the year. (I have things on order that have production times).

18. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

I would be happy to help narrate.

19. Net

Net Avatar

Wait a minute? Does it mean we can still join this contest??? Is there a new date to send submissions?

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  20. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

It couldn't have been that bad, royalsexy. I think you should give it another shot :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.