A bit more clarity about skills (but not too much)

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Jambot, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jambot

Jambot Avatar

Basically, what I realised when looking at a list of skills descriptions, is that the phrase "that has [a] chance" (to stun, to knockdown, ...) is really not satisfactory when trying to compare skills.

I also remember many of you don't want to know the actual numbers behind the skill.

So, my proposition is to go the way of Arms Lore or Evaluate Intelligence : just add modifiers, like low chance (1%-33%), moderate chance (34%-66%) and high chance (66%-99%).

This type of indication could also be applied to skill/spell damages.

I think it helps the casual player who doesn't really care about maxing his damage/utility while leaving enough "mystery" for the old-school hardcores who will go through hours of extensive spell testing to come up with approximate values.

2. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

This sounds like a reasonable proposition to me :)

Jambot likes this.
  3. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

As someone who wants all the floating combat text removed and to have the clicky things in quests removed (yeah, I know I can do it through the options but that ALSO causes the keywords to no longer highlight... @Lum !!!!) and to never see ! and ? over peoples heads or fairy dust paths... I'm strangely okay with this. I don't think it's needed but I don't think it hurts anything.

Nice balanced approach there @Jambot :)

Jambot and MalakBrightpalm like this.
  4. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

Now just so it's said, I LIKE having combat text, it helps me keep track. Mind you, on most of my developed MMO characters, the combat text has been a continuous fountain of damage and heals and procs, erupting off of my character. I happen to not find it distracting in the least, like having learned to drive with a navigator talking, or having learned to work on one computer screen while relevant data is displayed on another. It's just one more information channel giving me a sense of immersion.

I do, however, support those who wish to NOT have this experience.

Jambot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.